PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Job Description
The growing Global Digital team at PIMCO is seeking a talented UI/UX Developer to support broader business initiatives. Successful candidates will work closely with our team of designers, and engineers, to help bridge the gap between art and technical implementation. You will take an active role in helping define how our website looks as well as how it functions. Responsibilities will include the translation of designs to actual code that will produce high fidelity visual component while adhering to semantic HTML principles, ADA/WCAG compliance guidelines, and styling best practices. Responsibilities
- Collaborate with fellow Developers, internal leadership and teams across Global Digital, Marketing and Technology to create solutions within the defined project objectives.
- Ensure all online content meets Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA guidelines.
- Create and maintain custom web pages for the current .com, while assisting in the development of new user-facing features on our new .com site.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Test, diagnose, and repair, any front-end bugs, or issues, that may arise in the code.
- Partner closely with the Global Digital Design team to meet brand requirements for public facing experiences.
- Maintain clear file organization and output, ensuring code is written following modern best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Front End Development.
- Proficient understanding of:
- server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- semantic HTML markup and how it relates to accessibility standards
- Proven experience developing responsive webpages with mobile design in mind.
- A strong passion for user-centered design.
- Understanding of web design requirements and web best practices, such as breakpoints, flow patterns, load time limitations, responsive design and web accessibility.
- Working knowledge of creative design tools such as Figma.
- Be able to work in conjunction with other designers and developers to achieve cohesive solutions and across different platforms, devices, and situations.
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Excellent time management skills and possess the ability to flourish in a fast-paced and professional environment.
- Can communicate and work effectively in an agile, cross-functional team that includes product, design, and engineering.
- Experience with Sitecore and/or other CMS platforms.
- Basic understanding of AngularJS.
- Experience with JIRA and agile development processes.
- Experience with assistive technology.
- Financial services experience.
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 145,500.00 - $ 168,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.