- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
Global Clearing Industry & Market Manager
Global Clearing Industry & Market Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18067022
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The team is adding a Vice President level role to the Clearing Industry and Market Management team to lead Strategic Market Management as part of the recent reorganization. This role will provide global Market Management support but will critically also have an industry and strategy remit, focused on transformation, included as part of their roles and responsibilities which does not currently sit with the Market Management role today. To fill the VP role, we will be looking for a candidate with a background in industry engagement and strategy. We will preferably be looking to fill the role with someone who has worked with as an industry lead for another bank, or has a background in Fintech, Consulting or strategy relevant to the Payments business. This person will be a partner in setting strategic direction, being led by the Director of Clearing and FI Payments Market Management and Industry Head.
Global Clearing and FI (Financial Institutions)Payments is one of the key components of the wider Global Payments business. It focuses on providing core payment services to our Financial Institution clients for the clearing of their treasury and commercial payments globally out of the major clearing hubs of New York and London. Clearing has always been a core and foundational product of the cash management business in TTS; however, although it is largely a mature business, there is currently a high level of change occurring across the Clearing industry.
A large scale transformation is underway across the cross border payments ecosystem and the Global Clearing business is squarely at the center of this change. This transformation is being fueled by a proliferation of new payment intermediaries and infrastructures along with a largescale shift in client expectations and available technology. As such, banks and the industry overall are heavily focused on change, innovation and rethinking the end to end payments model. Many aspects of the business are in flux including messaging standards, efficiency, service levels, ecosystem interaction models and commercial arrangements. Around these themes, banks are completely rethinking how they approach the market and how they deliver their products to their clients
This role will help drive the Clearing business through this transformation by providing global Market Management support with an industry and strategy remit. This person will be a partner in setting strategic direction, being led by the Director of Clearing and FI Payments Market Management and Industry Head.
- Lead Market Management for Global Clearing Product across USD and European Clearing including competitive analyses, pipeline management and collateral creation
- Align regional Market Management efforts and ensure one strategic cohesive story is presented across client presentations and RFPs
- Support industry engagements including SWIFT GPI migration to ISO20022 and pilots and proof of concepts in flight
- Drive innovation within the Clearing & FI business for our FI clients, partnering with the broader TTS and Citi organization (i.e. LMS, Trade, SFS, FXLM)
- Partner in setting the strategic direction of the Global Clearing business
Leverage emerging capabilities to drive client experience improvements
Understand and proactively manage risk and compliance in respective area of responsibility
This role will provide the prospective candidate with the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of the creation of the "Clearing Model of the Future". They will have exposure both from a client and industry perspective in driving the thinking and vision behind key transformative initiatives in the Global Clearing space and translating the implications and impact of these changes to both internal and external partners. The candidate will also have a global client view across all Clearing products and services.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years of TTS or related experience
- Background or experience in strategy or payments related fintech a plus
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and has the drive to succeed. Dedication to the timely delivery of assigned tasks
- Knowledge of ongoing and emerging payment developments
- Existing industry engagement or experience a plus
- Ability to drive change within the organization and across the industry
- Excellent team working and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to influence others
- Ability to navigate complex global organization, and work with/lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions
- Ability to move between the detail and the strategic, providing quality at both
- Business focused and ability to think strategically
- Strong financial & analytical skills to understand & tackle the challenges of payments business.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills and be able to influence people.
- Good project management skills to deliver results.
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines.
- Leadership Skills
- Undergraduate degree required