Global Fund Finance - Blackstone Real Estate Partners, Associate
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $545 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Global Fund Finance Job Title
: Financial Associate Job Description:
Blackstone's Real Estate Fund Accounting group oversees all accounting and financial reporting functions of the Blackstone Real Estate Partners funds ("BREP") and its underlying investments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the accounting, finance and treasury functions of various real estate funds, including:
- Manage and train offshore team
- Responsible for the funds' quarterly close and reporting to the public company
- Coordinate with real estate valuation team
- Responsible for Investor capital account allocation
- Responsible for quarterly and annual reporting to investors
- Maintain funds' proprietary waterfall distribution models
- Coordinate investment and realization activities with Asia team
- Manage capital call and distribution process
- Responsible for quarterly management fee billing
- Manage borrowing and repayment activities on the funds' credit facilities, monitor leverage levels, and ensure compliance with debt covenants
- Ensure compliance with fund expense allocation policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Treasury to manage cash activities and cash accounts
- Coordinate with both internal and external auditors with all aspects of the annual audit
- Handle investor requests and questions
- Assist with ad-hoc projects
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- 3 - 5 years of Big 4 experience in the private equity industry (Real Estate or Investment Partnership Preferred)
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA or graduate degree preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong client service skills
- Demonstrated confidence, maturity, and proactive nature
- Eagerness to learn and take on responsibility
- Ability to work and contribute as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication and influencing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.