Global Fund Finance - Strategic Partners, Associate
Financial Associate - Global Fund Finance - Strategic Partners Employer:
Blackstone Firm Overview:
Blackstone is one of the world's leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $472 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone. Business Unit:
Global Fund Finance - Strategic Partners Job Title:
Financial Associate Job Description:
Strategic Partners Fund Solutions ("Strategic Partners") is a leading global investor in the secondary private equity market with over $34 billion in capital commitments raised across our various fund families since its founding in 2000.
The fund accountant for the Global Fund Accounting - Strategic Partners Accounting group, will be responsible for cash management, regulatory reporting and maintaining the books and records for the funds. This person will also work closely with treasury, compliance, legal and investor relations teams across the firm Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and post J/E into Investran (G/L accounting system)
- Manage the cash balance of each fund to determine the need for capital calls, distributions, etc.
- Review and prepare quarterly and annual financial statement packages including investor reporting
- Coordination of capital calls and distributions
- Reviewing of waterfall calculations
- Reviewing of management fee calculations and billing statements
- Review work product from outsourced providers
- Liaise with other areas of Blackstone, including tax, legal and treasury
- Review and understand partnership agreements
- Work closely with senior team members on accounting issuesAssisting with special projects and internal ad hoc request
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
- 4 - 6 years of related experience in public accounting and/or private equity fund administration
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of partner allocations, distribution waterfalls, IRRs, investor multiples
- Ability to work in a fast paced professional environment and handle multiple projects
- Ability to build working relationships across various departments with individuals at different experience levels
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Investran experience a plus
- CPA / CPA candidate a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.