Global Real Estate – Cost Planning and Estimating, VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. Thefirm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers andsmall business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and assetmanagement. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase& Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of theworld's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients underits J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. isavailable at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
JPMorganChase Corporate Real Estate is responsible for a worldwide occupancy portfolioof 80 million square feet across 65 countries in over 7,700 properties. The Real Estate Finance team manages a gross global expense base of over $4billion.
Theopportunity will operate with alignment to the firm'sconstruction of the new world headquarters at 270 Park Avenue, New York.
Thescope of role to include, but is not limited to:
- Oversightof third party estimating and reconciliation process
- Preparecomprehensive construction cost plans and estimates to inform decision makingaligned to GRE projects
- Partnershipwith project management team to develop conceptual estimates for client drivenchanges and associated recommendations
- Maintaincost benchmarking information as point of comparison to market data; adjust asnecessary based on client attributes, market conditions, and project specifics.
- Monitorprogress of each estimated costs against actuals
- 10 years of related experience in Estimating and Cost Planning forhigh-rise commercial real estate projects
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills, with ability tointeract with senior leadership and align key stakeholders
- Knowledgeof financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figuressuch as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Analytical and quantitative skills desired
- Experiencereading and understanding architectural drawings. Knowledge of leases,contracts, and construction practices preferred
- Demonstratedability to identify cost risks and opportunities, develop risk mitigation andcontingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce overall project risks
- Strongworking knowledge of methods of construction, architectural drawings,furniture, and workplace concepts / trends
- Bachelor'sdegree (BA/BS/BEng/BArch) from College or University in a technical area ofstudy