Head of Rights Management
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 22 juil. 18 2018-07-22
Head of Rights Management
As Head of Rights Management - Content Acquisition & Strategic Alliances (CASA) you will contribute to the centralization and growth of this function for S&P Global business divisions. Your focus will be on the acquisition, utilization, and distribution of 3rd party content and services. You will implement internal controls to ensure the use of 3rd party content and services contracts meets the needs of our businesses and S&P Global is in compliance with all terms and conditions.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership on expanding and populating our Rights Repository and improve our system and process to better operationalize the Rights Management function at S&P Global in order to make Rights Management a transparent, leverage able, business enabler.
- Lead the program to ensure obligations undertaken in licensing agreements are addressed in a compliant and scalable manner across the company and help to mitigate risk
- Lead rights management reviews of existing and prospective 3rd party data and services vendor agreements to assess rights allowed and share review analysis with and make recommendations to business stakeholders. Collaborate with legal team as necessary and sensible.
- Document and track rights management reviews. Ensure Global Head of CASA, business stakeholders and legal are made aware of any problem areas that arise.
- Draft, execute, and educate on enterprise-wide data sourcing policies, including website sourcing
- Build auditable processes and tools
- Lead and/or assist with due diligence for M&A transactions and with post acquisition integration and review
- Assist CASA vendor managers by providing guidance on contractual language while drafting vendor agreements. Assist in negotiations when necessary.
- Implement and promote best practices globally, including identifying opportunities to optimize and leverage data sources across the organization. Abide by CASA standards and protocol.
- Provide internal business support and coordination during vendor and internal audits. Act as point person for vendors and internal stakeholders during audit process.
- Contribute to maintaining plans and actions for CASA business continuity, CASA team documentation, as well as risk and compliance assessment projects and programs. Be the subject matter expert.
- Collaborate with CASA team members on process improvement/optimization, documentation, and cost savings opportunities. Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies where possible.
- Meet with business stakeholders and vendors, review news and periodicals, attend training and events to continuously grow and evolve knowledgebase of S&P's products and services, S&P's 3rd party vendor partners, and the overall financial information and market data industry.
- Significant and relevant financial industry experience; 5-10 years of experienced preferred
- Experience reviewing, revising, negotiating and authoring complex commercial contract terms and agreements
- Rights management review of intellectual property, data, and/or software and services agreements.
- Legal training or degree preferred.
- Experience with financial information/market data vendor relationship management, contract negotiations and overall market data management required.
- Attention to detail, follow-through on projects and multi-tasking skills a must.
- Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook needed.
- Must have strong customer focus with demonstrated ability to be highly responsive and present solutions to requests and issues. CASA is a centralized business support team and function, and all business stakeholders within the firm are our customers.
- Comfortable liaising with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Solid presentation and writing skills with ability to influence.
- Excellent organizational skills. Must be highly organized and self-directed with the ability to work autonomously and adapt to change.
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communications skills with the ability to inspire others to find creative solutions to challenging situations or problems.