Experienced finance professional sought by NY-based venture-backed fintech.
Fast growth, venture-backed fintech is seeking to add an experienced and talented strategic finance professional to drive the firm's financial operations.
Based in the firm's NY HQ, and as a key member of the firm's management team, the successful candidate will have significant visibility internally (finance, hr, ops, product, sales, tech) and externally (bankers, customers, investors, partners, vendors). As such, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing a complex suite of responsibilities:
- Execute the firm's strategy and vision by leading corporate development and finance functions, providing analytical insight to the leadership team and driving strategic decision-making;
- Develop, manage and own all budgeting, re/forecasting and financial planning models (advanced Excel required);
- Drive hiring and retention efforts;
- Develop investor materials and presentations;
- Project Management (experience managing projects and allocating resources in complex, fast-paced tech environments);
- People Management across finance and ops;
- Key point of contact for all third party relationships;
- Ad-hoc analysis and special projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of 8+ years' relevant experience in a Corporate Development, Finance, Strategy or similar function, ideally with an i-bank, management consultancy, private equity, venture capital or tech firm; operational experience within a fast-growth or start-up tech firm strongly preferred;
- Experience with development and later stage venture funding rounds (B, C, D) and the minutiae of capital raising: documentation, due diligence, investor meetings, models, negotiations, offers, pitch decks, terms sheets etc;
- Ownership of budgeting, (re)forecasting and planning analytics;
- A bachelors degree in engineering, math, operations research or science from a top school; MBA preferred;
- Additional professional qualification, ie: CFA, CPA strongly preferred;
- Advanced modeling skills (Excel) and familiarity with presentation applications (ie: Powerpoint);
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- Strong relationship building and management skills;
- An interest/passion for technology and innovation, specifically Blockchain and/or Crypto;
Competitive base + bonus + equity on offer.