Hosting Services - Lead Delivery Engineer
Deloitte Services LP includes internal supportareas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, InformationTechnology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services. Hosting Services - Lead DeliveryEngineer
New York, Boston, Hermitage, TN
Are you passionate abouttechnology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagueswho respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, readon to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's InformationTechnology Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused ontechnology and innovation.
Work you'll do
Youwill be responsible for designing application hosting solutions, leading POC's,and spearheading implementation efforts with engineering and applicationproduct teams in the Compute Services engineering and operations organization.In this role you will also engage in the solution proposal process whichinvolves researching and finding the appropriate technology, educating, andcreating the approach to implement that technology. Responsibilities Include:
- Leads and promotes strategic direction of IT Infrastructure Technologies based on business requirements
- Serves as a point cross-functional technical leader on various projects
- Develops and maintains solution architecture blueprints
- Envisions, develops, proves and articulates innovative solutions to business requirements
- Defines systems/platforms architecture and integration strategy and recommend design solutions
- Evaluates and recommends technology acquisitions and alternative solutions/methodologies/strategies
- Performs Proof of Concept testing in a lab environment
- Coordinates work plans to achieve expected results per expected timelines by utilizing resources from all parts of ITS organization.
- Anticipates business needs and researches technologies that would be appropriate to meet those business needs
- Articulates emerging technologies, their strengths, weaknesses, risks and their application within enterprise
- Advises and consults on technologies costs, benefits, and implementation requirements
- Seeks opportunities to implement standards, policies, and process improvements
- Develops processes to ensure alignment between the business strategies and applied technology roadmap
- Understands all options available and objectively presents those options to management and leadership
- Acts as an internal consultant on many initiatives
- Able to articulate architecture proposals relevant to the audience
- Proves the feasibility of proposals through lab work including custom development proofs of concept and mock-ups
- Actively promotes teamwork and inclusion to ensure that all views are heard and requirements are accounted for
- Resolves any conflicts within project teams and seeks reconciling of disagreements
- Builds consensus and always encourages dialogue
- Identifies the peer groups who should be participating to ensure consistency and success
- Listens effectively
- Effectively builds organizational partnerships and networks
- Exhibits high level of professional flexibility
- Understands the nature of changing priorities and adapts their workload accordingly
- Plans, organizes, and controls multiple responsibilities to achieve various project objectives
- Understands how to socialize ideas and approaches to garner support
- Possesses a great deal of independence
- Asks thought-provoking questions that result in actionable technological patterns or solutions
- Technically guides projects through to completion
- Champions structure, process, best practices, and standards
- Accepts and manages ambiguity and complexity, as well as the changing requirements and expectations as business perspectives evolve as more relevant information surfaces
- Able to identify the need to revise scope and requirements
- Deals effectively with change barriers and project constrains
- Guides others through change process that may be needed due to introduction of new technology or direction
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte'ssuccess. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, mostrespected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal andgo-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in themarket. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence. The ~2,500 professionals in ITSdeliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
The Technology and Infrastructure Organizationworks together to transform how ITS deploys technologies and services to meetthe dynamic needs of Deloitte professionals and help increase theirproductivity.
- Systems or relevant experience and accomplishments
- 15+ years experience in IT field
- 10+ years experience with Microsoft platform technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Word and PowerPoint to prepare architecture blueprints and position papers
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- Demonstrated industry experience with IT infrastructure and/or Internet companies preferred.
• Demonstratedknowledge or private cloud IT tools, automation, and service managementplatforms and functions.
• Demonstratedexperience around designing architecture, leading POC's, and leadingimplementation efforts.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the solution design process: articulating the value of a technology, researching and finding the appropriate technology, evangelizing, educating and creating the steps to implement that technology.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and evangelize business value of technology to internal and external clients.
- Excellent understanding of computer networks as they relate to software and database design, development and implementation. This includes knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancing, Security Certificates and DMZ environments.
- Demonstrated ability to keep abreast of IT industry and technology trends.
- Exposure to multiple hosting environments such as AIX, Linux, Windows Server, HP Servers.
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles for solutions such as Storage Area Networks, Data Protection, and Directory Services.
- Knowledge of enterprise strategies and project management processes.
- Ability to articulate complex processes in clear and concise documentation.
- Ability to lead people, provide direction and set clear objectives.
- Ability to follow through on expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience works on projects that span entire IT segments where analysis of systems or data requires an in-depth evaluation of complex business process, system process, and industry standards.
• VMare/Vencer/ Vrealize Suite
• AD,Hypervisor orchestration, vRealize suite
• ServerOS's Windows, AIX, UNIX, VMWare
• IPNetworking, WAN Routers, LAN switches, Telephony How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses onhelping people at every level of their career to identify and use theirstrengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to seniorleaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities tohelp sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global,fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formaldevelopment programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a varietyof opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University,The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a greatorganization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range ofbenefits. Learn more about whatworking at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and culture inspires our people to do theirbest work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniquenessand offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them tobe balanced, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs andare constantly looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our peopleexcel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learnmore about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact thatmatters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with ourclients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the powerto inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-basedvolunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in ourcommunities. Learn more about Deloitte'simpact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte tofeel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest thatyou do your research: know some background about the organization and thebusiness area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tipsfrom Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means DeloitteConsulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure ofDeloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available toattest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status,or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment allqualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a mannerconsistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. Seenotices of various ban-the-box laws where available.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20NATSSRCLJ078-ITL4