IBCM, Corporate Lending, ANL-ASO, New York
An opportunity to join the Credit Suisse Corporate Lending team as an Associate. CS is a leading global arranger of leveraged loans. Our experience, knowledge and commitment to serving the interests of our investors and clients make Credit Suisse's Corporate Lending team the most innovative and insightful in the industry. Our team allocates the bank's capital and works with CS's capital markets desk and coverage investment bankers to arrange and syndicate multi-million/billion dollar bank loans. Specifically, the team plays a key role in structuring, negotiating, documenting and executing loan transactions. In active negotiations, the Corporate Lending team bridges the interests of the investors who purchase loans with the needs of our corporate and sponsor clients. A career in Corporate Lending is ideal for anyone wanting client-facing negotiation, product specialization and detail-oriented analysis.
The position requires a bright and dynamic professional to work in strong partnership with coverage, product and credit teams.
- Be exposed to the syndicated loan market
- Work with senior bankers as they structure, negotiate and execute loan transactions
- Gain understanding on analyzing credits
- Perform detailed capital and return analyses and examine how capital/regulatory limitations drive lending decisions
A degree from a four-year college or university, preferably with relevant coursework in finance or economics. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees while at the same time seeking candidates with a common set of abilities - highly motivated and creative individuals who have demonstrated academic achievement and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. The ideal candidate should be fundamentally interested in the workings of the loan market and likes to work in an investment banking and capital markets culture. Knowledge about the fundamentals of credit agreements and related documents is a plus.
- At least two years of relevant experience
- Credit training and lending experience
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients (both in writing and orally)
- Financial modeling proficiency
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.