IT Business Analyst, Specialist
Clearing, Markets &Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for morethan 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management),Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker DealerClearance (securities clearing). Clearance and CollateralTechnology (CCT)
within CMIST buildshigh-performance and resilient clearance and collateral management platforms toservice BNY Mellon's broker-dealer clients and is the sole provider forGovernment Securities Clearing Services. The group is currently focused on RepoModernization, which will pave the way to the Future of Collateral for thebusiness - providing strengthened platform resiliency and new trade capabilitieswithin a unified system. All CCT applications are built for real-timeoperations aided by a data warehouse for reporting and business insights.
CCT team is looking toaugment the team with a strong IT Business Analyst who can analyze and documentthe both functional & non-functional requirements in a highly complexprogram and create relevant artifacts like use cases diagrams, Business flowdiagram, use case Scenarios, Sample Wireframe specific to user interface etc.Breaks down the program to independent modules with each work stream. Convertsthe business/functional requirements into use case and works closely withdevelopment team. Is accountable for overall functional delivery of theirassigned functional work stream. Provides guidance in development of thetechnical design, test plans, and user documentation. Facilitates KnowledgeTransfer sessions on a periodic basis to the team. Act as a technology productowner for the corresponding program/Product/Scrum team. Role/Responsibilities:
- Document functional & non-functional requirements, perform gap analysis, design systems flows, and manage UAT activities leading to production release.
- Develop business case and work closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions.
- Perform Gap Analysis and come up with solutions for attaining the target state
- Create Use Case and User Stories
- Participate in researching production issue and remediation
- Perform User Acceptance Testing
- Perform data analysis and provide reports to business/senior management on the need basis
Specialist Business Analysis Consultant->> Analyzes, defines and prioritizes the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs. Provides consultation to IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementing cross-functional applications or systems. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project. Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation. Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives. Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required
- 3 to 5 years of recent relevant IT Business Analyst experience in Financial industry
- Strong understanding of capital markets; experience in clearance space is desired
- Excellent Analytical/Problem solving skills
- Experience in Agile/Scrum
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Good communication/collaboration skills
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: