IT Sourcing Manager - Software
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing, operational purchasing, procurement, and distribution of goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class. What's the Role?
You are passionate about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice! As an individual contributor supporting the sourcing for our Technology & IT businesses, you will build relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. Your solid understanding of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and eye for detail will be part of the US team supporting internal collaborators, from a wide spectrum of departments in a dynamic demanding environment. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal partners and the department's strategic plan, and negotiate agreements in partnership with internal customers and Legal
- Collaborate with senior Bloomberg leaders and stakeholders to identify and evaluate technology strategies and roadmaps to facilitate a robust strategic sourcing pipeline
- Develop and execute strategic implementation of business-unit level and enterprise-wide sourcing intiatives for large, complex software technologies
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions, while ensuring adherence to policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Continuously review the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole and manage the vendor base to ensure contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Build strong and lasting relationships with colleagues and the associated vendor base, and provide support to the rest of the team
Does this sound like you?
- A degree in a relevant field and 10+ years' experience in a strategic sourcing role with IT category experience, specifically software
- Knowledge of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM, Value-Added Reseller (VAR) channel marketplaces, and the end-to-end RFx processes, and the ability to execute reverse auctions
- Proven experience in complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation proficiency and an understanding of contract law and applicable legislation
- Demonstrated ability to optimally interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management and learn new applications relevant to the role
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.