Infrastructure Portfolio Manager / Senior Portfolio Manager
Infrastructure is a part of the Alternative Investments platform of one of the largest institutional investors in the world. The Infrastructure team manages a multi-billion dollar portfolio of private infrastructure investments globally, across various sectors including transport, energy, utilities, telecommunications, and social infrastructure. The portfolio is comprised of a mix of fund participations, co-investments, and direct investments and is set to expand further primarily with the addition of direct and co-investments.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Americas, the Portfolio Manager / Senior Portfolio Manager will lead origination and securing of new investment deals in the region, monitor existing portfolio positions, and actively contribute to the development of infrastructure investment strategies in the Americas and globally.
• Originate, negotiate, and structure private infrastructure equity investments with the goal of generating benchmark out-performance (alpha), within acceptable risk tolerance.
• Actively manage existing investments by working with and challenging equity partners and fund managers; serving on (advisory) boards of investee businesses and funds; analyzing and monitoring general infrastructure and related capital market conditions.
• Contribute to critical reviews of investments managed by other portfolio managers to ensure that the investments are being effectively monitored and that asset returns are being maximized based upon the agreed investment objectives.
• Risk manage investments.
• Manage the investment disposition process for value maximization.
• Partner with the operations group in maintaining up-to-date and complete performance data for portfolio investments.
• Attend industry conferences and participate on panels to facilitate information flow and investment opportunities.
• Explore and expand the network of other major institutional investors, industry partners, investment advisers, and fund managers to develop investment opportunities and best practices for infrastructure investing activities.
• Manage and mentor infrastructure analysts.
• Fulfill Portfolio Manager / Senior Portfolio Manager obligations under the Investment Process and Investment Management Process.
• Assist Head of Infrastructure Americas in preparing board presentations and formulating investment strategy and policies, including fund characteristics of the Americas portfolio.
• Contribute to the on-going portfolio construction research with a view of updating capital allocation targets (top-down) and proactively identifying relevant market trends and developments (bottom-up).
• Communicate with Infrastructure team colleagues in Europe and Asia to exchange ideas and facilitate best investment practices.
The Portfolio Manager / Senior Portfolio Manager must be an experienced infrastructure investment management professional with experience managing investment projects from idea inception to deal closing, supervising the investee company management and being able to present proposals to the investment committee. The ideal candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• 7-10+ years of investment management experience, including 5 - 10+ years of experience in infrastructure.
• Demonstrable experience with various investment management work streams including financial modeling, negotiations, coordinating due diligence and tax planning, among others.
• Generalist mindset with strong analytical skills and ability to decisively act in an entrepreneurial setting in a disciplined manner, either independently or as a part of a team.
• MBA and/or CFA would be an asset, not required.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.