Internal Audit Director - Head of Technology Applications Audit
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 21 juil. 18 2018-07-21
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Internal Audit Group is an independent global function responsible for providing assurance and advisory services covering all of the firm’s businesses and operations. The Internal Audit group is considered to be a critical component of BlackRock’s control and risk management infrastructure. The group seeks to attract and develop best-in-class talent from multi-disciplinary backgrounds including asset management, finance, technology, risk management, accounting, and operations. Successful professionals in the group will demonstrate a strong understanding of the asset and risk management businesses, build strong working relationships with business partners, and deliver value-added services which strengthen the risk and control environment.
BlackRock’s Technology Audit Team is currently based in Gurgaon, London, New York and Singapore.
The Director – Head of Technology Applications Audit will work closely with the Head of Technology Infrastructure Audit as well as the regionally-based Technology Audit leads in London and Singapore to develop and execute a comprehensive risk-based audit plan that provides independent review of key technology controls across the firm. The candidate will also provide support for the business integrated audits that occur on a global basis. Based in New York, this role will report to the Global Head of Technology Audit, MD, in New York. Some travel will be required, approximating 15%.
The Director, Head of Applications Audit, will play a leading role within the global technology audit team and will be expected to contribute significantly to strategic planning, process innovation, and assurance/advisory project execution. Specific responsibilities will include:
Project manage and support audit reviews aimed at optimizing technology applications control activities and processes
- Assist in the risk assessment of selected technology platforms – web and cloud based applications, messaging platforms, database management systems and other technology discipline
- Review technology control effectiveness within business integrated audits, including areas such as access and permissions management, reconciliation processes, and general software development practices inclusive of testing and release management
- Identify key control issues and emerging risks; work with management to ensure timely and effective remediation
- Build strong relationships with the technology leadership team and other business partners
- Collaborate with other Corporate risk and control functions to ensure a high level of coordination
- Oversee execution and delivery of a number of technology-specific audits and technology aspects of business-integrated audits, providing management oversight and senior level stakeholder engagement.
- Provide timely and candid feedback and coaching to staff
- Effectively manage resources to optimize productivity, meet training and development needs, and deliver high quality, value added assurance and advisory services
- Act as a change agent to improve process efficiency, accuracy and accountability across the organization
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong understanding of application development processes and common application paradigms such as web-based, cloud-based and API (Application Program Interface) focused systems.
- Good understanding of database management systems and related controls
- Experience in a technology audit or related controls function
- Financial services experience is preferable, especially an understanding of asset management products, business processes and systems
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in management information systems, engineering or a technology field is preferred. BA/BS is required
- Strong project management, organizational skills and presentation skills
- Experience managing teams of skilled professionals – ability to recruit and maintain a high-performing team
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills, particularly as related to audit reports and management presentations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with executive management and external regulators
- Understanding of best practice control frameworks such as CoBIT, OWASP, ISO, ITIL and COSO
- Professional certifications such as CISA or CISM, or a secure application development certification such as CSSLP or GSSP, is preferable
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.