Java Developer - Front Office Buy Side
- up to 200k + bonus
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- GMS Advisors
- 16 août 17
A leading asset manager is building a new innovations lab team/office in NYC. They are looking for multiple Java Developers
Engineers at this asset manager are playing a key role in building the future of financial services, working hand-in-hand with business partners to create client experiences that are changing the way people invest. We’re looking for Software Developers to join our new Technology Development Center in Manhattan. We want technologists with a fresh perspective who are passionate about solving complex business, data and technical challenges.
You’ll work with smart, talented people across our business to create groundbreaking, next-generation applications for n-tier cloud architectures. You’ll be involved, hands-on, through the entire development cycle. And you’ll redefine the way our traders, portfolio managers and analysts serve our clients.
We will expect you to be agile / to lead / to think outside the box. In return, we’ll give you challenging work that has an impact / Opportunities to learn and grow / and a collaborative culture that encourages every member of our team to bring their point of view to the table—because that’s how we help our clients succeed.
The Front Office Technology Group is working to develop the firm's next generation data distribution platform, with the aim to seamlessly deliver real-time and on-demand investments data to a global network of distributed trading and research platforms. We are employing new paradigms such as cloud computing, lightweight microservices, and distributed and non-relational databases to deliver elastically scalable, globally distributed and highly resilient software services.
This is a “hands-on”, full development lifecycle role coupled with “Player/Coach” leadership responsibilities. This role provides an opportunity to solve complex business, data and technical challenges. As a key contributor throughout the entire development cycle, you will be required to think outside the box and bring cutting edge technology in-house.
- High achiever who combines ambition with humility and is happy to let their performance do the talking
- Demonstrable passion for technology (e.g. personal projects, open-source involvement) while using their problem solving capabilities to deliver solutions utilizing a top end engineering approach
- Craftsman-like approach to building software; takes pride in engineering excellence and instils these values in others
- Focused on delivering value to the business with relentless efforts to improve process
- Exceptional technology skills; recognized by your peers as an expert in your domain
- A proponent of strong collaborative software engineering techniques and methods: agile development, continuous integration, code review or pairing, unit testing, refactoring and related approaches
Required Technical Experience:
- 8+ Years of solid knowledge using Java
- In depth experience required with Enterprise Service Bus, e.g. Mulesoft, Tibco, IBM,
- Strong Test-Driven Development and desire to write simple, adaptive and iterative code
- Familiarity with a variety of programming styles (e.g. OO, functional) and in-depth knowledge of design patterns
- In-depth ERD and RDBMS knowledge
- Hands-on experience building modern web applications, with experience deploying to public or private clouds is a plus (AWS, Azure, Openstack, Rackspace, etc.)
Required Domain Experience and Soft Skills:
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced, Agile team environment
- A solid understanding of financial markets and instruments
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- An advanced level of relevant mathematical knowledge e.g. statistics, time-series analysis, asset pricing theory, optimization algorithms.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain a close working relationship with quantitative researchers, traders and senior business leaders
- Confident communicator; able to argue a point concisely and deal positively with conflicting views
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Directly and indirectly leads a team of software engineers in the development and implementation of solutions and applications across the firm
- Previous experience providing coaching and mentoring to team members in order to deliver quality service and solutions to business customers
- Monitors and motivates team members work performance through coaching, one on ones, and development planning
- Strong academic record and a BA/BS degree with high mathematical and computing content (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics)