Java Developer (AVP) – Emerging Markets eTrading #106785
A challenging position as a server side Java developer for the Emerging Markets eTrading NY team, a Front Office application development team based in NY. The development team works closely with their clients and projects are mainly focused on development of strategic electronic trading solutions.
The e-Trading NY team forms part of a larger Emerging Markets (EMG) Trading & eCommerce global team within International Wealth Management IT, which has resources located in Pune, London and New York. Projects are normally implemented by developers across regions and the ability of the ideal candidate to work effectively with teams in other regions is essential.
The functional remit of the EMG Trading & eCommerce team includes price formation, quote publishing, electronic negotiation and trade capture, for new business initiatives as well as enhancements to existing components to improve functionality, control, and efficiency. The focus for 2018 will be on replacing the existing trade capture and position management system with Bloomberg TOMs and in-house Java based applications. Another key focus area would be enhancement of our in-house Bond and Swaps e-trading platform for customized bespoke products. We would also be looking at the feasibility of introducing "auto-quoting" and "request for stream" support on our electronically traded products.
- 5 plus years' Technical working experience in
- Java, Spring, Maven
- Multithreaded programming
- Linux/Unix, Windows
- Scripting - Shell, Ant, Perl
- Database development (Sybase/Oracle)
- Fixed Income experience (FX, bonds, interest rates)
- Messaging/Middleware like TIBCO/EMS
- Good team player.
- Innovative and proactive approach.
- Drive for change.
- Sensitivity to control and risk.
- Experience or knowledge of Front Office banking systems and cash/derivatives knowledge, especially price formation, exchange / vendor connectivity, dealer to customer Request for Quote (RFQ) negotiation, trade capture.
- Testing tools (Unit test, mock framework).
- Familiarity with agile development and continuous integration.
- Excellent educational background with practical software development experience.
- Understanding of full development lifecycle for small to large-scale systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of issues and follow through effectively to resolution of task / issue.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually and across teams.
- Delivery focused - flexibility in accommodating project milestones.
- Ability to work well under pressure.