Lead Analyst, Enterprise Relationship Management - Banks and Broker Dealers Segment
Who we are:
BNY Mellon has been a pioneer in the global capital markets for more than 235 years. As we continue our journey, we're bringing the full power of our franchise to bear, redefining what it means to be the trusted institution in financial services, and remaining relentlessly aligned to our purpose: we power individuals and institutions to succeed across the financial world.
BNY Mellon is a platform provider through which our clients build their businesses, and for more than two centuries we have acted as their trusted steward. Our unique and differentiated model allows us to play a critical role as the central orchestrator in the global financial ecosystem.
- In Securities Services, we power and connect our clients to a robust investment ecosystem that supports their business at every stage. A fifth of all global assets flow through our platform, and while we are most known for our $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, we also have more than $40 trillion of assets on our Data & Analytics platform
- In Wealth and Market Infrastructure, we are the backbone of our clients' capital markets and payments capabilities, playing a core role in collateral management, markets, and treasury services and our Pershing business is the leading wealth technology provider. With $3.6 trillion in average tri-party collateral management balances, $2 trillion of global payments moved daily, and more than $2 trillion in Pershing global client assets, we deliver the critical platforms and services for institutional and corporate ecosystems to operate and thrive
- In Investment and Wealth Management, we are a leading provider delivering expertise from our eight world-class investment firms and providing differentiated capabilities in wealth advice across investments, banking, custody, and wealth and estate planning. With $2.2 trillion in assets under management, we are the 7th largest asset manager globally and 7th largest private bank and trust company.
We bring together these broad solutions and deep expertise to bolster our clients' success. We are reimagining financial ecosystems and placing data and open platforms at the heart of the transformation. In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies globally and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums . Join us as we define the next evolution of financial services and deliver on our mission to power individuals and institutions to succeed across the financial world. What we do:
Global Client Management (GCM) positions BNY Mellon as a provider and partner of choice for the largest, most complex, fastest growing, and most strategic global client relationships. The team identifies major opportunities and drives growth and service delivery around "top of mind" strategic issues. Key to GCM's success is delivering the entirety of BNY Mellon's resources and capabilities across businesses and geographies, with a focus on growth and enhanced connectivity to the client C-suite and key influencers. The group is led by a member of the firm's executive committee, who is also the Chief Growth Officer for the firm and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Key Role Responsibilities:
GCM Lead Analysts play a pivotal role in shaping BNY Mellon's most important client relationships, working closely with GCM's client executives as well as regional and global leadership as they drive growth. Lead Analysts support the bank's top client relationships, which include market leading names in the banks and broker dealers segment. The Lead Analyst's responsibilities will include:
- Client management: Supporting specific client relationships in the region, being up to speed on key industry developments and client moves, mapping the client's business at BNY Mellon, identifying areas of opportunity to grow the relationship, conducting research and analyses on key themes and supporting day to day interaction with the client as well as preparing 'top of house' meetings. The Lead Analyst will cultivate and leverage a strong network across LOBs, distill key insights that progress our client engagement and commercial efforts and act as the Client Executive's delegate internally with LOB and functional teams
- Client projects: Managing specific client efforts with increasing independence over time, bringing together stakeholders from across the firm and/or the client. The Lead Analyst would be expected to develop insights that help support decisions that help deliver concrete outcomes and output and communicate progress to senior leadership. Examples include helping to roll out a new client offering and supporting the completion of an RFQ to secure new business.
- Client and Segment strategy : Understanding the "bigger picture" for key client relationships and segments and how BNY Mellon acts as a strategic partner, helping client executives and management bring relationships to the next level. This requires understanding the client's strategy and our own, supporting major client initiatives and helping to drive high profile efforts to fruition.
- Client administration : Owning client processes such as account plan updates, sales planning, and revenue recognition, and tracking progress against sales objectives. Also includes supporting client credit processes, KYC/AML activity and other regulatory requirements.
The role is built for growth: the successful GCM Lead Analyst will be expected to develop Vice President level capabilities over the course of their tenure. They are expected to build relationships with clients and across the bank, continuously expand their industry knowledge, align actions with enterprise objectives, grow their project management skills, develop a strategic, commercial and solutions-oriented mindset, and enhance their presence and communication skills. They will be supported in this journey through formal and on-the-job training and an exceptional group of peers. Opportunities for you:
As a member of the GCM team, you will be a key contributor to the bank's most significant client relationships. In doing so, you will work with our most senior sales professionals and have meaningful exposure to senior leadership of both BNY Mellon and our clients. You will have the opportunity to grow your skills, knowledge and experience across a wide range of competencies, from client management, to sales analytics, to business strategy. You will be given opportunities to take initiative to support the execution of key workstreams and independently drive them forward. You will build a strong foundation for a career in the financial sector and beyond. The successful candidate will demonstrate or possess:
- A genuine curiosity for the broader financial services industry
- An ability to think strategically about market segments, geographies and client challenges and integrate insights into concrete aspects of the client relationship, across different areas of activity - from generating talking points for major meetings to escalating compliance risks internally
- Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills with the ability to produce professional output in different formats; strong writing ability and an eye for detail are a must
- Ability to grow within the role - develop stronger leadership and influencing skills; recognized collaborator by colleagues and clients
- Experience in client service or building relationships with external stakeholders is a plus
- Experience in the banks and broker dealers segment is a plus but not required
- The ability to establish relationships with diverse individuals and working styles, in the context of a global company with colleagues from different cultures
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure with a track record of delivering against deadlines
- Some project management experience preferred
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 2-5 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.