Lead DevOps Engineer
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 16 déc. 18
Lead DevOps Engineer
As our Lead DevOps Engineer, you will
- Provide direction, thought leadership, and technology and vendor selection related to cloud and development operations across all Trading Services product teams;
- Work with developers to improve development and deployment processes;
- Work with product owners to determine customer and internal requirements for system capacity and reliability;
- Work with the Trading Services CTO to design scalable, fault tolerant, systems that meet those requirements with the best cloud technologies available;
- Work with other groups in the organization to comply with and help define our global cloud computing strategies;
- Lead our existing devops resources; and
- Get your hands dirty on a daily basis building everything you've designed.
We expect you to have
- Five years experience in some combination of operations, development, and devops;
- Experience working in an agile environment throughout the full software development lifecycle;
- Expertise in continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, and monitoring systems;
- Hands-on expertise with AWS and some (not all, obviously) technologies such as Git, CloudFormation, Docker, Kubernetes, Redshift, RDS, Elasticsearch, EMR, Spark, Athena, EC2, Route 53, ALB, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.;
- A strong desire to keep up with all of the latest developments in related technologies;
- Experience building and deploying backend and web applications on JVM and node platforms;
- Solid linux, scripting, and TCP/IP skills; and
- Strong opinions, weakly held.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.