Legal, Treasury Legal, Analyst- New York
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 14 déc. 17 2017-12-14
Legal, Treasury Legal, Analyst- New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB LEGAL
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Legal Department provides high quality legal advice, transactional advice, regulatory advice, litigation oversight and advice on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand and weigh the risks associated with our activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while optimizing risk. The Legal Department maintains offices in New York and most other major financial centers around the world. The Legal Department is organized into practice groups that provide dedicated service to the firm's various businesses.
The Legal Department is organized into practice groups that provide dedicated service to the firm's various businesses. The Treasury Legal group provides legal support to The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., the parent company of Goldman Sachs, and facilitates the firm's activities as a U.S. public company. The group has a major presence in the New York office, including seven attorneys and five analysts. The group also maintains a presence in London and Singapore.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
As an analyst in the Treasury Legal group, you will work closely with business professionals across the firm, as well as with outside counsel. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with Goldman Sachs sales and trading desks, both in the US and internationally, to prepare offering documentsfor structured products and develop new structured products
- Working with the firm's Corporate Treasury group on treasury activities for the firm, including debt and preferred stock offerings, bank loans, dividend payments, secured funding and guarantees
- Working with the firm's Financial Reporting, Corporate Communications and Investor Relations groups to prepareperiodic SEC filings and shareholder communications, including the firm's annual and quarterly reports (10-K and 10-Q), earnings releases and other public statements
- Transactional advice
- Regulatory advice, including implementation of Dodd-Frank requirements and other regulatory developments affectingGoldman Sachs
- General legal advisory services, including frequent coordination with outside counsel
- Documentation review
- Advice on compliance and reputational issues
- Bachelor's degree required
- Recent college graduates with up to 2 years of work experience; corporate law firm paralegal experience a plus
- Sound judgment and integrity
- Keen interest in law and finance
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas
- Highly motivated and adaptable; the ability to work on a team of diverse individuals
- Proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment
- Accurate and detail-oriented
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.