Liquidity Management - Structurer - AVP
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. Citi Markets - Liquidity Management
The Liquidity Management team provides thought leadership and governance while driving revenue optimizations for Citi Markets. Revenue optimizations are achieved via transaction structuring, data modeling, transfer pricing, and rule interpretation. Additionally, the team focuses on developing business funding strategy, modelling future resource usage, and managing the business against targets. All aspects of liquidity management are run in close coordination with Citi's Treasury, Finance, and Risk organizations.
The effective management of liquidity is recognized as being one of the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. Effectively managing and optimizing the firm's liquidity resources will be a significant determinant of Citi's future competitiveness and ability to meet return targets. Successful candidates will be asked to make a major contribution to Citi's financial resources optimization mandate by identifying areas of opportunity for Citi and driving projects to capture those opportunities. Key responsibilities
- Work as an integral part of the advisory team to develop optimization solutions
- Support business efforts in liquidity planning and funding strategy
- Analyze position- and portfolio-level data (financial, liquidity and returns metrics) to review and refine actual and contingent liquidity usage and charges
- Design, produce, and systematize reporting
- Stay informed of key capital and liquidity rules and guidelines; Identifying and explaining technical issues as they arise
- Provide business feedback to key regulatory submissions
- Produce materials for management presentations as needed
- At least 2 years of experience in a financial services firm
- Analytical aptitude regarding data analysis and quantitative strategies
- An open mind for critical and creative thinking
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to learn and work independently
- Ability to work under pressure in a highly professional Front Office environment
- Superior attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of asset classes or regulatory familiarity is a plus
- Experience in assessing data for patterns and to spot anomalies
- Ability to coordinate processes and work as part of multiple teams across a firm
- Knowledge of Citi's infrastructure is a plus
- Familiarity with large scale data and querying ability is preferred
- An ability to manage personal workload and agenda independently but in alignment with the priorities of the business unit
Additionally, the candidate should have an appetite to develop a detailed understanding of the following areas:
- Relevant legislation and regulation (relating to liquidity and collateral management)
- Fixed Income sales, trading, and financing
- Markets, Operations and Treasury systems infrastructure
- The accounting and liquidity treatment of derivative and financing transactions
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .