Low Latency Java Developer
Low Latency Developer - Equities
New York, NY
As a Barclays Low Latency Developer you will work in a dynamic front office technology team developing. The candidate will join a team responsible for managing and developing enterprise-level Java based platform. This is a Front Office solutions across Markets (Equity and Macro). These teams typically face Trading and Sales covering all aspects from Trading, Risk, PnL among others.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• The chance to work on a highly visible real-time front office Risk Management platform and CCAR process.
• Analyze, design, test and implement risk components in a highly distributed, low latency platform
• Contribute in the development of low latency messaging components
• Optimize processes to achieve hardware efficiencies
• Face time with traders, Quants and other business users both for understanding new feature requests and providing support
• A focus on high availability, performance, and reliability
• Close integration with traders for new requirements and business flows
• Liaise with teams across regions in EU and India to build a cross regional working model What we're looking for:
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other analytical field
• Experience with investment bank, with exposure to Equities business
• 8+ years of proven experience with Java and focus on low latency programming, mult-threading, collections, concurrency & optimization
• 5+ years of experience in Middleware messaging technology, either Solace/TIBCO RV/IBM MQ. Skills that will help you in the role
• Experience with relational database (DB2 or MS SQL Server)
• Working knowledge of KDB & Q will be a plus.
• Strong experience with Linux / Unix and Distributed file system
• Worked on designing core Java based applications and distributed architectures Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.