Macro Trade Floor Support
As a Barclays Rates TFS Application Support team member, you will play a pivotal role in the running and organization of all aspects of technology for front office users, with a focus on trade capture and risk applications across both the FX and Rates businesses. You will work closely with a multitude of stakeholders including developers, traders, sales, operations and business managers to ensure system stability and drive system improvements in front office technology.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Providing seamless end-to-end service for front office users to help drive the effectiveness and commercial strength of the Trading franchise
• Investigating trader related issues to provide swift solutions or ad-hoc tactical fixes, whilst also engaging with application owners to provide effective solutions
• Organizing teams and processes particularly around real world market events which drive volatility and may impact the trading desk's profitability
• Providing advisory services to the trading desk and support teams for functional use cases and configuration of Trading systems
• Engaging with Front Office management teams to ensure proactive management of SLAs, capacity, performance and Business Continuity Management planning
• Engagement with application owners and development team
• Actively participating in meetings with internal IT teams or project groups to ensure risks are mitigated
• Owning a project oneself to improve a risk system and demonstrate the material impact that the effects have on the Trading business What we're looking for:
• Excel/ VBA/ scripting (perl, python)/ SQL skills would be advantageous
• Eager and ambitious self-starter who enjoys learning new technologies
• Confidence to engage with business stakeholders, global colleagues and peers in other teams
• Excellent analytical skills and excellent communication skills Skills that will help you in the role:
• Ability to log and track incidents and issues following the ITIL standards
• Ability to produce robust documentation & presentation material for stakeholder consumption operating at varying level
• Ability to communicate, escalate and manage major crisis and technology incidents Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.