Manager, Balance Sheet Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Manager, Balance Sheet supports the Regional Head of Balance Sheet Management in all aspects of balance sheet management, including organizing and facilitating the New York and Americas ALCOs. Law and Regulation
Liquidity and Capital Management
- Oversee development, production and control of the Liquidity Coverage Ratio and NSFR for the US Branch, ensuring compliance with the Group's Liquidity regulatory reporting governance and procedures.
- Maintain good understanding of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to liquidity and capital and ensure that the region has appropriate controls in place to remain compliant.
Governance and Control
- Reporting and monitoring of structural liquidity ratios (A/D, LCR and NSFR ratios).
- Managing and reviewing LCR reporting and other liquidity reporting requirements.
- Review the NY Branch and Americas ALCO packs.
- Support the annual planning and forecast process for the Americas balance sheet.
- Ad hoc balance sheet queries and returns measurement to meet the needs of CFO, Head of BSM, ALCO members and Group Treasury functions.
- Support implementation of FTP changes proposed by Group Treasury
Projects & Process Improvement Initiatives
- Support the US Recovery and Resolution Plan (RRP), including financial projections and overall involvement in the RRP process.
- Responsible for the testing of the BSM assigned controls, results, residual risk assessment and KRIs as outlined under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF).
- Ensure and assist Head BSM to discharge their responsibility in line with the risk management framework.
- Ensure that capital and liquidity limits / MATs, frameworks and policies, and other control requirements are adhered to and that material risk exposures remain within the risk tolerance and appetite through ongoing monitoring.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Participate in change as well as other projects and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner related to balance sheet management aspects.
- Enhance processes and procedures and mitigate operational risk within liquidity and capital management and reporting processes. Ensure consistent capital and liquidity management processes operate in country in line with Group best practice.
- Contribute towards process improvements through implementation of new systems.
- Ensure robust process controls are in place in line with the operational risk framework.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Balance Sheet Management to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Americas CFO
- Group Treasury (NY and Group)
- Head of Treasury Markets and team
- Group Liquidity Regulatory Reporting team
- US Compliance team
- Treasury Risk
- GFS team supporting ALCO reporting
Our Ideal Candidate
- Conduct any additional duties assigned by Regional CFO or ALCO
We are looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
- Qualification in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in PC skills, including Excel.
- Adept at handling multiple task within an extremely deadline driven environment.
- Ability to demonstrate the Bank's values in achieving objectives.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.