Managing Director - Technology Product Management
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- S&P Global
- 09 déc. 18
Managing Director - Technology Product Management
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Managing Director, Global Technology Product Management is responsible for the strategic implementation of technology solutions that improve business efficiency, enable commercialization and de-risk the franchise while meeting S&P business goals. Represents the needs of the business to IT by working closely with the business to gain in-depth understanding of their strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. Serves as the liaison and bridges the gap between the business and IT by gaining insight and domain knowledge into the customer's current and future states in order to recommend technology solutions that align IT with the customer's business strategy. Improves communication and collaboration, identifies technologies and improvement opportunities, and ensures teams are aligned to meet overall business goals. Leads all matters related to the assessment and delivery of technology needs for the business, to include defining requirements, setting expectations, collaborating with various parties, and implementing technical solutions necessary to meet S&P's mission, objectives, emerging issues, and future needs. Influencing a diverse set of constituents, and understanding, reengineering and running processes across the entire enterprise.
The Managing Director, Global Technology Product Management manages relationships to set expectations, keeps communication channels open between business personnel and IT, and communicates regularly with internal customers at all levels. Serves as an IT expert adviser by providing up-to-date technical expertise for a wide range of information technology issues and operations. Collaborates regularly with IT management to ensure new ideas are assessed within the context of business, data, application development, and system architectures.
- Drive the development of, implementation of, and adherence to strategic initiatives within the specific IT discipline for the company. Involve senior executives in the development and understanding of the plans and initiatives and help manage the IT team in the execution of the plan.
- Promote an organization that is user focused and renders outstanding customer service, high performance, teamwork, and accountability. Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear for all team members and establish goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Drive the identification and delivery of the various tactical initiatives and tasks that support the execution of the approved strategies for S&P.
- Provide effective leadership and exercise day-to-day management of assigned staff. Set priorities among competing goals and objectives and coordinates simultaneous workflows to ensure efficient contribution to S&P objectives.
- Partner with functional leaders to develop product strategies and roadmaps to deliver optimal business value.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies in conjunction with S&P stakeholders to ensure the effective and efficient identification, acquisition and management of technologies.
- Define and execute an information management strategy to advance the vision and mission of S&P.
- Develop and manage IT related project plans, budgets and performance targets, including the management of the related employee and contractor workforce.
- Contribute to and support S&P enterprise architecture, information security and IT strategic plans, including documentation of the current state and future state, and establishment and management of migration plan to achieve future improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Approve multi-year and long range work plans and assist in the management of the overall IT portfolio.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree, Master's Degree preferred;
- 15+ years of experience with a minimum of 10 years of technical leadership and at least 5 years of business development experience;
- Demonstrated experience in a strategic, leadership role in at least one of the following areas: client relations, communications, information technology, and/or operations;
- Very strong relationship-building, exceptional analytical, interpersonal and communications skills; as well as the ability to influence decision-makers and stakeholders;
- Significant understanding of workflow processes with the ability to identify weaknesses and implement process improvements;
- Outstanding program and project management skills, organizational skills, execution planning and control competency;
- Proven ability to motivate and develop staff and build high-performing teams;
- Proven ability in providing excellent customer service while recognizing the challenges of driving and embedding change in a rapidly moving environment;
- Proven ability to work to defined deadlines and prioritize workload;
- Proven ability to develop positive working relationships, both internal and external, and to be seen as a highly credible representative of the business.