Managing Director, HR Business Partner
Description About this role Function Overview & Position Summary:
Our CEO and leadership team believe the long-term sustainability of our firm is heavily dependent on our people. At BlackRock, we make a deliberate effort to foster a unifying culture, to encourage innovation, to ensure that we are developing, retaining and recruiting the best talent, to align employee incentives and risk taking with those of the firm, and to incorporate inclusion and diversity into all levels of our business.
Each year, we set corporate objectives specifically related to human capital. We achieve these objectives through specific programs and initiatives related to culture, inclusion and diversity, employee development, retention and recruiting. We continue to strive to inspire and engage our talent by providing and enabling high performance and great careers, an inclusive and diverse culture, and great teams and people managers.
At the center of all these business-critical initiatives, sits the HR Business Partner (HRBP). At a high level, an HRBP at BlackRock is expected to:
- Lead forward-looking people strategies
- Partner with senior leaders to shape and deliver a tailored organizational talent agenda
- Consult on critical talent-related business decisions
- Partner with HR specialty functions (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Compensation, etc.) and serve as the central point of contact to business leaders in order to support day-to-day talent needs and deliver strategic talent programs
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience in building trust and credibility with the executive teams and employees at large; a track record of successful execution of people-related programs and initiatives; a solid understanding of BlackRock's commercial business objectives and priorities with an ability to connect business strategies to relevant people strategies.
As a key member of the global HR Leadership BP team you will play a pivotal role in helping set the strategic direction of the HR Business Partner model. You will report into the Global Head of HR Business Partners. Specific Responsibilities Include:
Skills / Experience:
- Define the organizational, talent, and diversity strategies and connect the dots for the comparable business they support.
- Serve as critical thought partner to the business to anticipate, shape and influence organizational change, outlining how to structure and evolve senior and critical teams.
- Be a vocal champion of fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of the organization.
- Advise senior leaders through coaching and elevated performance improvement measures.
- Use data, metrics and people analytics to provide key insights and influence organizational and talent decisions.
- Lead and coach a dynamic team of HR Business Partners.
- Serve as an HR thought leader to Global Head of HR Business Partners.
- 15+ years of demonstrable experience in senior human capital and/or management consulting roles with a proven track record in leading transformational talent initiatives within a world-class HR organization.
- Strong working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational development, change management, employee relations, inclusion & diversity, performance management, training, recruitment, and global employment law.
- Proven ability in successfully operating in a matrixed (geographic / functional) work environment.
- Strong business acumen with a commercial approach.
- Prior experience as a strong people manager with the ability to develop, coach, and lead experienced HR professionals.
- Motivating change initiatives and crafting strategic workforce plans.
- Capable of interpreting data and recognizing trends and themes, with the ability to provide consultative mentorship that translates into the real environment.
- Given the development of our business, experience in a Technology, Financial Services or Consulting firm is preferred. A background in Asset Management / Financial Services is not a pre-requisite, but there is an expectation that the individual will have a passion to learn about BlackRock's business.
- Ability to deal with ambiguous and fluid situations, and to shift between strategic and hands-on priorities.
- Strong delivery orientation with ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to represent the HR function in internal and external leadership forums.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Proven examples of work experience that align with BlackRock's Principles highly desired; We are One BlackRock , We are Innovators , We are Passionate about Performance and We are a Fiduciary to our Clients .
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.