NXT - Data Engineer
At Citadel, data is the core of the investment process. Data Engineers architect and build our data platforms which drive how we source, enrich, and store data that integrates into the investment process. These Data Engineers own the entire data pipeline starting with how we ingest data from the outside world, transforming that information into actionable insights, and ultimately designing the interfaces and APIs that our investment professionals and quantitative researchers use to monetize ideas. Throughout the process, our Data Engineers partner with top investment professionals and data scientists to design systems that solve our most critical problems and answer the most challenging questions in finance.
We're looking for premier Data Engineers to join NXT, Citadel's Technology Network. NXT offers a combination of training, experience, and exposure to get you to the next level in your career. YOUR OPPORTUNITY:
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS:
- Develop solutions that enable investment professionals to efficiently extract insights from data. This includes owning the ingestion (web scrapes, S3/FTP sync, sensor collection), transformations (Spark, SQL, Kafka, Python/C++/R), and interface (API, schema design, events)
- Partner with the industry's top investment professionals, quantitative researchers, and data scientists to design, develop, and deploy solutions that answer fundamental questions about financial markets
- Build tools and automation capabilities for data pipelines that improve the efficiency, quality and resiliency of our data platform
- Drive our evolution of our data strategy by challenging the status quo and identifying opportunities to enhance our platform
- Passion for working with data and developing software to solve data processing challenges
- Experience with Distributed Computing, Natural Language Processing, or Machine Learning
- Experience with any of the following systems: Apache Airflow, AWS/GCE/Azure, Jupyter, Kafka, Docker, Nomad/Kubernetes, or Snowflake
- Proficiency with RDBMS, NoSQL, distributed compute platforms such as Spark, Dask or Hadoop
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel's hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel's team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.