NXT - Software Engineer
Software Engineers at Citadel create next generation software solutions that help produce systems that power our investment research, trading, risk management, and funding & settlement systems. Software Engineers continually improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our investment process and reduce operational risk. Software Engineers partner closely with business leaders to develop and deliver software solutions that drive meaningful business outcomes. We build a range of critical solutions from pre-trade research platforms to trading systems to post-trade clearing and settlement services. These solutions include high availability, high throughput systems scaling to millions of transactions per second.
We're looking for premier Software Engineers to join NXT, Citadel's Technology Network. NXT offers a combination of training, experience, and exposure to get you to the next level in your career. As a NXT Software Engineer, you will apply your engineering skills to help our trading desks answer questions like: What percentage of customers of one brand are going to switch to another brand? Which upcoming IPOs will be more successful than others? What is the correlation between weather patterns and other variables? YOUR OPPORTUNITY:
YOUR SKILLS & TALENTS:
- Design, develop, and deploy elegant software solutions across the firm
- Partner with business leaders to define priorities and deliver custom solutions
- Receive structured learning on technical and quantitative skills
- Develop under the direct sponsorship of our firm's CTO and engage with other C-level leadership
- Passion for technology and software development
- Proficiency with one or more object oriented languages (e.g., Java, C++, Python)
- Deep knowledge of distributed service oriented architecture, relational databases, machine learning/deep learning
- Experience building high performance, highly available and scalable systems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully adopted by customers over extended time periods
- Ability to deliver short term results while invest in long term strategic solutions
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Want to learn more about what an actual day is like for a developer or software engineer at Citadel? Hear from our own Ben Siegel at https://youtu.be/gPN5_JV43s8 . About Citadel
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For a quarter of a century, Citadel's hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel's team of more than 675 investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.