National Account Director
Vontobel Asset Management is a specialist investment manager with a multi-boutique approach. Each of our boutiques draws on dedicated investment talent, an established performance culture and robust risk management. We provide leading-edge products and solutions for both institutional and intermediary clients with a strong commitment for delivering performance.
Our commitment to active management empowers us to invest based on our convictions. We deliver value through our diverse and highly specialized teams who create strategies and solutions covering equities, fixed-income, multi-asset and alternative investments.
The goal of achieving excellent and repeatable performance has been fundamental to our approach since 1988. A strong and stable shareholder structure guarantees our entrepreneurial independence and protects the long-term mindset that guides our decision-making
Vontobel Asset Management is based in Zurich Switzerland and operates worldwide across Europe, Asia and the United States.
Your opportunity Position Description
The National Accounts Director will be responsible for developing the strategy and execution plan for distributing the firm's asset management capabilities through various financial intermediaries. This position is responsible for growing assets by developing Vontobel's intermediary distribution relationships. The National Accounts Director must coordinate with internal resources to service platforms, execute platform business development plans, negotiate or manage platform agreements, and seek to improve product placement for targeted platforms amongst research teams. Consequently, this position will work with the product development and due diligence teams to enhance Vontobel's investment placement capabilities.
The job requires the ability to establish credibility and build rapport with clients at a national/home office level and to promote Vontobel's investment strategies in an effort to increase assets under management. A high level of professionalism and diligence in meeting client expectations will be essential to increasing the quantity and quality of effective partnerships. The National Accounts Director role is based in New York and is part of the Vontobel Asset Management North American Sales organization. This position reports to the Head of Intermediary Sales who is also located in New York. Responsibilities
- Creating, building and maintaining relationships with senior client representatives at Wirehouse, IBD, RIA, TAMPS and other relevant distribution partners.
- Identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities with existing clients and prospects
- Managing the research and due diligence process for investment opportunities analyzing, recommending and presenting those solutions
- Working with wholesaling, marketing, and product strategy to coordinate delivery of value added services
- Performing relationship/ investment reviews and serving as the client interface for Asset Management products and services.
- 8+ years of sales experience within the financial services industry; client acquisition or cross-selling experience
- Understanding of intermediary distribution , including knowledge of key firms. Demonstrated success selling asset management products.
- Possess understanding of investment fundamentals (capital markets, principles of portfolio management, and asset management performance analysis) and ability to grasp and articulate complex investment topics.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and organized
- Demonstrated teamwork ability
- Required: Series 7 and Series 66 Bachelor's degree; Series 24 a plus.
- This position requires travel.
Perry Tucker is looking forward to receive and review your application.Please apply via our career portal. For this position, please note that we do not consider applications from recruitment agencies.
If you have any question you can contact us through our contact form .