Operations Assistant (bilingual Japanese-English)
SUMMARY: To provide assistance to clients in the execution of Japanese Corporate Banking Financial services in accordance with the established systems and procedures. To conduct assigned internal control processing on timely manner. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1) General * Maintain and enhance basic understanding of
To provide assistance to clients in the execution of Japanese Corporate Banking Financial services in accordance with the established systems and procedures.
To conduct assigned internal control processing on timely manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and enhance basic understanding of the bank’s applicable rules and procedures and comply with the bank’s code of conduct.
- Maintain and enhance basic understanding of the bank’s products and systems.
- Provide quality client service.
- Process administrative items for internal control purposes.
- Support Supervisor and Unit Head on special projects as necessary.
- Serve as liaison between clients and the bank for the handling of financial transactions such as loans, Time Deposits, FX deals in accordance with the bank’s procedure.
- Respond to client inquiries in professional manner.
- Preparations of the required documents to open or close accounts and the required forms for systems registration closely co-working with CDD staff members.
- Conduct internal control related administrative job such as, but not limited to, Activity Review, Tax Form validation, maintenance of client information, etc. on timely manner.
- Understand new deals schemes and other conditions with the assistance of account officers.
- Provide quality service to clients over the telephone, assist Account Officers with complex transactions and other assignments as required.
- Outgoing e-mail review (cross check)
3) Behavioral Competencies:
- Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write business level client e-mails in both Japanese and English
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Good team player
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or related business administration.
- Experience in Commercial Banking Industry strongly preferred.
- Bilingual proficiency in Japanese and English
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.