Operations Associate – New York
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Kepler Cheuvreux
- 18 oct. 17 2017-10-18
Kepler Capital Markets, Inc. (trade name “Kepler Cheuvreux North America”) is a securities broker-dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) and a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”).
Kepler Cheuvreux North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kepler Capital Markets, S.A. (trade name “Kepler Cheuvreux”), a leading European broker-dealer. Kepler Cheuvreux provides independent equity research and institutional execution services with branch offices and subsidiaries in top European financial centers.
Kepler Cheuvreux North America is an institutional broker dealer for North American customers in the purchase and sales of local and foreign securities, American Depository Receipts (ADRs) and global fixed income securities. Kepler Cheuvreux North America maintains a branch office located in Boston, in addition to the main OSJ North American headquarters located in New York, NY.
Kepler Cheuvreux North America clears European Equity transactions pursuant to SEC Rule 15a-6 via its Parent, and its third party clearing arrangement with Parel, a division of Sociéte Générale. Kepler Cheuvreux North America also maintains a fully disclosed clearing agreement with Cowen (formerly known as Convergex Execution Solutions LLC) for the clearing and settlement of securities on North American Exchanges and certain Latin American markets, such as Mexico.
The Operations Role is a direct report to the Head of Operations/Controller of Kepler Capital Markets, Inc. The Operations person will be responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the middle and back-office tasks, including post-trade processing.
The Operations person functionally also reports to the Head of Operations at Kepler Capital Markets SA for the alignment of US operations to central processes and systems.
General responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Domestic and International Equity Settlements
- Ensuring timely, complete and accurate reconciling of all securities transactions and associated commissions
- Ensuring reliable and timely P&S, clearance, trade comparison, cashiering, stock record, and failing trade management
- Ensuring P&L validation, stock and cash positions on internal accounts
- Ensuring proper functionality and technology to accomplish the above
- Improving continuously systems, processes and policies while being aligned with Group best practices
- Client onboarding and new account processing
- Maintaining awareness of all applicable rules and regulations concerning trade settlement and ensuring daily compliance
- Participating in the implementation of new controls and adaptation of the compliance program to new products and distribution channels
- Assist with daily risk controls and reporting to the Head of Operations, Controller
- Maintaining requisite product and technical expertise
- Provide appropriate daily tasks to ensure that organizational activities are performed in a timely, complete and accurate manner.
Profile & Skills
- Qualified candidates will have five to ten years of operations experience at Broker-Dealer and FINRA member firm
- Candidates should have familiarity with international equities, U.S. Markets, and correspondent clearing. Self-clearing experience is also a plus
- Candidates will have the Series 7, 99 and 63 licenses or will be able to obtain those licenses quickly. The Series 24 is a plus
- Knowledge of PC-based applications, Microsoft Office tools (such as Excel). Knowledge of clearing systems such as Omgeo OASYS & CTM is a plus
- The Operations person is a team player who is comfortable in dynamic and changing environments
- Excellent leadership skills and management ability, with the ability to foster strong internal relationships and a sense of teamwork at all levels of the organization
- Strong oral and written communications skills are essential
- Highly organized, analytically adept and eager to work in both small and large geographically diverse teams
- Fluent in English, French is a plus.