Portfolio Manager / Senior Research Analyst
The Portfolio Manager / Senior Research Analyst will be responsible for researching, analyzing and generating investment ideas in US Equities with a market capitalization below $30 billion across the Technology and Industrials sectors.
- Research, analyze, and recommend investment ideas for inclusion in US Equity strategies.
- Contribute to the firm’s broader research efforts by actively participating in investment research meetings, sharing knowledge, and collaborating with colleagues as necessary.
- Report to the Head of Equities.
10+ years of experience as a Small Cap / Mid Cap Equity Research Analyst at an asset management firm with a strong, fundamental research background. Specifically, candidates should have:
- Demonstrated track record of success with investing in Small Cap / Mid Cap companies utilizing a methodology similar to that of the firm which includes a 3 – 5 year investment horizon and being a cornerstone investor while taking up to 20% ownership in companies.
- A highly developed skill set in developing a view on a company as a result of detailed financial modeling and DCF analysis as well as industry and company research.
- Self-starter with the capacity to function with minimal supervision while providing appropriate and meaningful feedback to portfolio managers.
- Team player who will contribute within and across the firm’s strategies in a collegial and collaborative investment culture.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for the investment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus a CFA and/or MBA or equivalent.