Summary / Requirements
As a member of the US Risk Management team, the individual will primarily support the Portfolio Risk function both in the US and Globally and will also participate in general Risk related matters pertaining to Operational and Business risk. In this role, the individual will also play a key role working on and completing Risk Management tasks. The role requires a candidate with the following key strengths:
• 2 – 5 years of risk analysis / risk management experience within the asset management industry
• An organized and analytical mind-set
• Technical excellence and the ability to develop, use and analyze technology to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the Risk Management function. This includes knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a preference for candidates with knowledge of the SQL and VBA programming languages.
• Familiarity with portfolio risk modeling techniques and capital markets
• Knowledge of securities traded across all asset classes
• The ability to apply technology to help Risk Management quickly and efficiently produce analysis
• A strong interest in a career in risk management
• Excellent communication skills across all levels of the firm
• The ability to identify and articulate risk in complex situations
• An understanding of the investment management industry, with a proven desire to learn
Duties and essential job functions will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the Risk team and the business in risk related matters within regular processes and ad-hoc requests. This includes risk identification, escalation, measurement, recording, communication, implementation and monitoring of mitigation actions.
• Support the Head of Risk Management US, in the development of the Risk function and to enhance risk awareness within all levels of the organization.
• Support with the aid of technology, the effective coordination and exchange with other US offices and the Global Risk Team (Europe and Asia Pacific), to ensure an integrated and aligned risk framework is in place across all locations.
• For each process within Risk, consider technology to identify ways in which awareness and the management/analysis of risk could be made more efficient and effective.
Portfolio, Counterparty and Operational Risk
• Support Portfolio Risk Management on monitoring certain investment risks, escalating risk outliers above risk appetites to Portfolio Risk Manager, and conducting risk analysis on position and transaction level
• Support counterparty risk activities through the creation and maintenance of quantitative metrics to support the decision making process.
• Support operational and business risk activities as and when needed by the team. Control team management and the efficient creation and delivery of key risk communications