Principal Application Support Analyst (Java) (CMIST Production Services)
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon
can act as a single point of contact forclients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute orrestructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world'sfinancial assets. BNY Mellon Technology's
mission is toprovide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhancetheir ability to be successful through world-class software solutionsmaintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employeeswith the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications andcareers. Our Team Clearing, Markets & IssuerServices Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application developmentand support for more than 350 critical business systems including Repo Edge(collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency paymentprocessing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing). CMIST Production Services
isdedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. OurProduction Services team runs the systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bankapplications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing acontrolled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our team members use theirtechnical skills and business knowledge to bring forth solutions that will takeour company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learnerwith a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's toppriorities, this is the place for you. The Role
As a Principal Application Support Analyst
within the CMIST Centralized Production Servicesteam, you will be responsible for resiliency and reliability for the CMISTApplications in production. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead efforts onimproving the efficiency of the operation team's response to incidents to reducethe mean time to restoration of production incidents.
- Conduct analysis ofapplication design and performance metrics to detect operational risks.
- Serve as an escalationpoint to help triage critical issues and take a holistic approach (Application,platform and network) to solve these complex problems.
- Participate inblameless root cause analysis to find the true root cause and create actionplans (including design, monitoring and process) to prevent re-occurrence ofthe issue.
- Track patterns of risksand vulnerabilities and work with the various teams to drive the design andimplementation of best practices and self-healing techniques.
Principal Appl Support Analyst->> Maintains and supports complex applications and their operating environments. Provides technical and/or business guidance to the SCM team as well as other groups. Ensures projects are meeting plans and objectives. Analyzes system requirements. Reviews and evaluates plans for major projects and initiatives to ensure they meet system needs. Coordinates the monitoring of major changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any issues of high complexity. Standardizes the use of tools, technologies, and/or business expertise in relationship to testing approaches. Monitors and analyzes the effectiveness of the use of technology in QA processes. Structures activities based upon approved project methodologies. Collects and analyzes project data and produces progress reports. Ensures the availability of applications for the client as well as problem management and resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree is beneficial 10-12 years of diverse experience in multiple areas of information technology required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Must have knowledge in Java (jdk 1.8 andbeyond), Spring Boot and JPA and Microservices on cloud/VM
- Must have knowledge in RDBMS databases likeMySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar
- Must have understanding of concurrency in Java
- Must have exposure in frontend frameworks
- Should have exposure to messaging frameworkssuch as MQ & Kafka
- Knowledge in some NoSQL databases like MongoDB,Cassandra or similar
- Experience with DevOps, Jenkins, Ansible
- Experience with monitoring tools like Splunk,AppDynamics or similar
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: