Principal, Cyber Security Architect - Next Gen
Who we are:
As a global investments company, BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, our Technology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do it more efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's global Technology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of the best and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new and better ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future of financial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experience under our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
At BNY Mellon, cybersecurity is a top priority for both technology and the business. The members of the Information Security Division are on constant alert, using their creativity and knowledge of cybersecurity, technology and business processes to develop and deliver creative solutions. In this fast-paced environment, staff collaborate to respond to current risks, while identifying and anticipating future threats. Our cyber capabilities encompass the full spectrum of services from Cyber Operations (SOC, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Cyber Incident Response, Penetration Testing & Red Teaming, Cyber Analytics & Fraud, and Insider threat) to Cyber Architecture and Engineering (Network, Platform, Cloud, and Applications Security). Together with the CISO and his leadership team, staff provide a robust set of cyber services that provide full scope protection and response capabilities across the BNY Mellon enterprise. We help our businesses, the bank's executive team, and our board of directors understand cybersecurity risk and the steps that must be taken to create and maintain a secure environment that drives innovation. What you will be doing: Principal Architect, Information Security Core Responsibilities
- Plans and designs security architecture and solutions by evaluating security technologies; developing requirements for applications, OS, data in motion and data at rest; designs maintainable security solutions, including access administration, public key infrastructures (PKIs), data leakage and information protection as well as COTS hardware and software; adhering to industry standards and frameworks
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; when needed preparing cost estimates.
- Enhances existing design and competence by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
- Participates in enterprise advisory boards and committees, providing architecture review and process ownership for security architecture review processes for new and existing vendor and user-developed technologies.
- Assesses security threats and vulnerabilities using structured methodologies such as TOGAF or SABSA or using NIST Cybersecurity Framework and ISO 27001. Create process improvement by identifying inefficiencies and solutions for process improvements.
- Prepare and maintain security policies, standards operating procedures and associated documentation.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; presents reporting for management review.
- Works with IT and Security teams on placement and configuration of key monitoring and prevention tools, including implementation procedures and validation solutions match design.
- Develops and implements global security architecture solutions using formal risk management methodologies. Develops information security architecture to enforce security requirements and address identified risks. Works with other IT staff to ensure design achieves both business and technical requirements. Evaluates vendor products for security capabilities. Remains current on IT Security/Architecture trends. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
Who we are looking for:
- Experience evaluating, designing and implementing Cloud architecture designs and patterns in multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
- Wide breadth of knowledge across security products, tools, and industry trends; ability to create solutions using a pragmatic, risk-based approach.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies, especially related to Secure SDLC, dynamic and static code analysis and application threat modeling.
- Has a strong awareness of virtualization, container and cloud solution design models, both from an on-premises and SaaS/PaaS perspective
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to business strategies and objectives.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
General Preferred Skills
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required
Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
CISSP (CISSP:ISSAP is a plus), GIAC, GSEC, CEH, OSCP or equivalent certifications as appropriate
CCSP or CCSK. Cloud security knowledge. AWS or Azure certifications acceptable
Knowledge of ITIL or other ITSM methodology or certification a plus
Strong knowledge of networking concepts and architecture, including security considerations associated with networking hardware like Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Gateways etc.
Prior experience in emerging networking areas, including Software Defined Networking (SDN) strongly desired
Successful implementation experience with DevSecOps methodologies, tools and practices
Understanding of malware, emerging threats, attacks, and vulnerability management
Solid understanding of Operating system security concepts
- Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
- Experience assisting the development and maintenance of tools, procedure, and documentation
- Track record of effective project management and project delivery
- Strong service mentality including the resolution of stakeholder escalations and incident management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to develop detailed process and procedure documentation
- Ability to present complex solutions and methods to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong team player who collaborates well with others to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills