As a global investments company,BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking tocreate, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments,and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. Every day, ourTechnology employees make this happen while also seeking out new ways to do itmore efficiently and effectively.
As part of BNY Mellon's globalTechnology organization, you'll have the opportunity to engage with some of thebest and brightest, technology, business, and financial minds to find new andbetter ways to exceed our clients' expectations and build the future offinancial services. With more than 230 years of industry leading experienceunder our belts, you might even say that we are the original fintech.
Clearing, Markets & IssuerServices Technology (CMIST)
isresponsible for application development and support for more than 350 criticalbusiness systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), EnterprisePayment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance(securities clearing).
TreasuryServices Technology (TST) within CMIST leads the development and maintenance ofstate-of-the-art technology solutions for the Treasury Services business. TSTis aligned with the business into five sub-segments including: Global Payments,Information & Liquidity, Payments and Receivables, Enterprise FinancialMessaging (EFM) and Trade Services. Because of TST's industry-leading solutions, BNY Mellon is the firstbank to participate in Real-Time Payments processing and provide fulltransparency into the status of payments.
Liquidity Management Technology group is seeking a Principal Developer for our New York offices.
Specific job duties to include:
- Role will provide Technology guidance and thought leadership to developers in the Liquidity management area
- Evangelize and evaluate new technologies and continuously look for products and technologies that can help to automate, improve efficiency and reduce the TCO.
- Provides guidance to Application Architects and Teams on new technologies and development process
- Lead the deployment of the Enhanced Liquidity Management solution and development of interfaces
- Collaborates with Sector Architect and Enterprise Architecture Review Board
- Collaborates with Technology teams in other areas like Asset Servicing and NEXEN
Principal Developer->> Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs. Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards. Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications. Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services. Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies. Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
Preferred Qualifications and skills:
- Knowledge of Payments and or Liquidity area including SWIFT is highly desirable
- 10+ years of Finance applications development/Architecture experience and leadership of team of 8-10 resources
- Should have demonstrated experience in developing and or installing an enterprise application
- Must have led Development/ Architectural practice and is well versed with Messaging and Java/J2EE technologies
- Design expertise with MQ, creating SOA and component service (e.g. REST API) based architectures required.
- Hands on and in-depth experience in Java, J2EE, MQ, Web 2.0, CSS, Angular JS, SAML, Open Source development Technologies like Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, Apache is required. UML knowledge is a highly preferred.
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 10-12 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624 Requisition Number: