Principal, Full Stack Developer
Technology Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team also formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data. Responsibilities:
- Consults with internal business groups to provide high-level application software development services or technical support. Must have thorough and demonstrative knowledge on or both the user-side frontend of a website, as well as the backend, server-side that powers the user-side.
- Additional requirements include intermediate understanding of security principles, relational databases and architecture design principles.
- Provides comprehensive senior-level technical consulting to IT management and senior technical staffs.
- Evaluates compliance with the organization's technology standards.
- Programming well-designed, testable, efficient code. Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to satisfy requirements and solutions.
- Maintain software functionality and currency (technical debt and gain).
- Actively participate in code reviews. Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Apply security and privacy principles.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
- Guides and consults with IT management and technical staffs regarding use of emerging technologies and associated services.
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies.
- Active learning engagement.
- Complete all required mandatory training / policy awareness curricula on time.
- Use learning tools such as Pluralsight to complete both recommended and aspirational targets set in personal development plans.
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies.
- Advocates for innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Must also have proficiency in application frameworks and containerization.
- Communications and organization skills; team work skills ; possess strong interpersonal skills to support mentoring Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 10-14 years of experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Job holder must have understanding interdependencies and business impact of future IT plans. S/he must have prior lead experience selecting and implementing vendor-specific methodologies and prior consulting experience with structured methodologies. Extensive experience with developing and supporting mainframe applications required. Job holder must have broad experience with multi-platform development tools and toolkits. Must have
- Test-driven Development (TDD)
Knowledge of Functional Programming paradigms. First class functions, Higher order functions, Lambda, Immutability, Lazy Evaluation". Should have desire to learn functional programming techniques.
Also under must have we would want to include experience with designing/developing micro services architecture.
Desire to learn functional programming techniques.
Nice to have
- Experience designing/implementing Graph based solutions using Graph databases like neo4j, SPARQL or similar ones.
- Experience designing/implementing cloud native solutions
- Knowledge of Docker containers
- Knowledge of DevOps
- Knowledge of Twelve-Factor App methodology
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience working with Scala
- Experience working with Akka
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: