Principal, Project Manager- Technology
BNY Mellon provides investment management and investment services that help individuals and institutions invest, conduct business and transact in markets all over the world. Headquartered in New York, BNY Mellon's 53,000 employees are located in 36 countries and serve more than 100 markets. As a leading Globally Significant Financial Institution, BNY Mellon has approximately $32.2 trillion in Assets under Custody (AuC) and administration, more than $1.8 trillion of assets under management and manages ~40 petabytes of data on behalf of its clients. In addition, the company is the world's largest provider of Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipt services and a leading provider of Broker Dealer, Liquidity, Payment and Global Markets services. BNY Mellon ranks as the 7th largest global asset manager and 8th largest US wealth manager.
Architecture and Data is the enterprise wide architecture and data services group at BNY Mellon. Our mission is to develop and articulate the holistic target state enterprise architecture and partner with various business lines and shared services to execute on a prioritized roadmap. These efforts ensure the optimal use of existing technology capabilities and the development of new ones to increase business revenue and lower costs while reducing risk, increasing resiliency, and enabling more effective service delivery. The team formulates and executes on our data strategy to reduce complexity and eliminate redundancies in our data.
We continue to build our Program Management team to accelerate our Data Strategy particularly in the Masters Data space. The right Project Manager will assist the overall Program Manager in leading the Masters Data Technology team to deliver the BNYM Strategic Master Data Platforms. Initial focus is to establish and adopt Client and Product Masters followed closely by the establishment and adoption of the Account, Reference and Security Masters. The candidate is expected to be well versed in Data Programs, Master Data constructs, as well as Agile development practices. He/she will work hand in hand with the Program Manager and delivery team to strategize approach, build roadmaps and identify timelines for business outcomes. Qualifications
- Provides complete project management for their workstream. Leads all activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications.
- Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for.
- Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation.
- Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments.
- Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues.
- Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in technology, business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial , 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience in all project planning, including roadmaps, timelines, accomplishments, issues and risks.
- Experience in Agile delivery
- Has demonstrated the ability to plan, direct and coordinate day-to-day activities of running projects which are contained in a larger program.
- Understands how to manage Risk Remediation.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode: Job:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: