Principal Project Manager - Technology Data Privacy
Who We Are
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What We Do Enterprise Change Resiliency Office Overview (ECRO)
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
for BNY Mellon, a first-line enterprise-wide office, which leads the firm's change management and resiliency functions. Enterprise Change Office Overview (ECO)
In order to strengthen an enterprise-wide approach to Program Delivery and establish a scalable resilient operating model that builds delivery capabilities across Technology, Operations, the lines of business and support functions, BNY Mellon has evolved how we deliver programs of change across the bank. As part of this strategy, a new ECO has been created to provide central oversight, governance, and strategic execution. The ECO establishes policy and performs a governance function with select enterprise program delivery accountability founded on a federated model that partners with the program delivery teams from Technology, Operations, the lines of business and other functional areas across the organization. Role Overview
This role, under the direction of the Program Manager, will serve as the bridge between Technology, Operations and Business stakeholders in analyzing and evaluating business processes and translating into strategic solutions, business requirements and user stories. Additionally, the candidate will interact with cross-functional teams to lead projects and workstreams to successful completion. The candidate will have the ability to effectively communicate and distill complex processes into meaningful requirements to define technology solutions and to directly manage project scope, schedule, and resources. An understanding of Agile project management and experience in working with multiple stakeholder groups to analyze and capture their needs is preferred for this role. Role-Specific Job Responsibilities
- Influences and leads change within the project, team, department, and across multiple departments. This includes changes to processes, technology/systems, job roles, organizational/project structures and developing change strategies to maximize adoption/usage and minimize resistance.
- Day to day project/program management:
- Jira management
- Schedules and facilitates project meetings and provide minutes and action items to attendees
- PMO documentation
- Metrics and reporting
- Builds cross functional and cross department relationships.
- Develops business cases and presents project information to senior leadership to facilitate effective and efficient decision making.
- Develops and explicitly communicates the products' goal.
- Leads the creation and definition of the product backlog:
- Requirements gathering and writing
- Prioritization of requirements
- Ensures backlog is transparent, visible and understood
- Aligns stakeholders and analysts to assist in the above points
- Drives creation of acceptance criteria and each teams' definition of done
Standard Job Responsibilities
- Ensures all aspects of a body of work are complete, through testing, defect management, to release.
- Serves as primary point of contact for the program to non-ECO resources.
- Serves as a coach for program members.
- Removes impediments for program resources.
- Removes barriers between stakeholders and working teams.
- Helps establish empirical product planning in complex environments.
- Analyzes, defines and prioritizes the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs.
- Provides consultation to IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementing cross-functional applications or systems.
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports on program status inclusive of scope, schedule, budget, and alignment with strategic goals.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project.
- Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation. Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability.
- Gathers and analyzes information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.
- Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise.
- Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives.
- Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related project management experience is required.
- Experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Advanced skills in project management (particularly Agile and Hybrid environments) and business analysis with the ability to play multiple roles simultaneously and/or seamlessly transition between roles as needed.
- Ability to work with difficult stakeholders and bring consensus to disparate people.
- Ability to meet and engage new stakeholders and individuals.
- Proficiency in Jira and Confluence.
- Superior communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate, resolve, organize, prioritize, and escalate critical issues as needed.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.