Principal Research Analyst
This position is designed to build relationships between clients and Coal, Metals and Mining. The concept is to "check in with clients" on a regular basis to understand how they are using the product and assist with questions they may have. Direct questions to the reporter or analyst in the group. If a customer appears to need additional services, direct those comments to Sales. Responsibilities
What We Offer
- Contact customers on a rolling basis and report back on satisfaction with product - Content issues and areas for improvement. Problems should be addressed in the most expedient way possible. The idea here is to be constructive and supportive. Directing clients to the information they need on Connect. If there are technical issues, contact Customer Care.
- Information gathering - Provide news/events from customers to pass along to team members and vice-versa. Market news should be sent to appropriate reporter. Critical clients are the front-line news. It is this personal contact that defines this service.
- Sales opportunities - upselling ideas. If a customer expresses an area for other IHSM products, direct leads to appropriate sale representatives.
- Creative developer - oftentimes in this role, there may be ideas for new content or a marketing plan. This is very much encouraged.
- Client calls should be logged in Salesforce and call reporting can reside on a shared drive or emailed to manager on a designated day.
- Provide scheduling assistance with team members - central calendar and keeping commitments in order.
- Client visits ("road show") schedules - includes meeting schedules for IHSM employees when they travel to conferences.
- Company events coordination - such as specific CMM sponsorship or participation in conferences. Can work with IHS events staff if needed.
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $75,072. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.