Principal Technical Architect
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- IHS Markit
- 13 déc. 18
Principal Technical Architect
The Cloud Solutions Engineer/Architect is a newly created function within the Solutions Engineering Group to facilitate Global IT working more effectively with product teams around Cloud Engagements. The ideal candidate should have a strong infrastructure background with experience deploying AWS environments to support large, multifaceted enterprises. The experience should include migrations from using on premise computing platforms to an AWS cloud solution, hybrid cloud configurations, and advising on best practice application architecture for the Cloud. The post holder will take directional lead from our Enterprise Solutions Architect and Cloud Enablement department within our Architecture & Engineering division, as well as interfacing with Product Development teams looking to leverage Global IT's assistance in Cloud Enabling their solutions.
Duties & accountabilities
* Contribute to IHS Markit's strategy for Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Solutions
* Capture new business requirements for Cloud and work with the Architecture & Engineering and CPD&S divisions to translate these into People, Process and Technology capabilities/requirements.
* Work closely with Enterprise Solutions Architect to develop and document coherent application and infrastructure cloud standards.
* Liaise with PD&D and Global IT teams to ensure that new cloud services align to business requirements and technology capabilities
* Liaise with external provides and internal Global IT teams to resolve and issues in functionality and interoperability of cloud services.
* Liaise with PD&D teams and Global IT to ensure that there is effective communication and management around enhancements, maintenance, and potential disruption to cloud services
* Ensure agreed service continuity and availability commitments can be met.
* Identify and implement opportunities for innovation and continuous improvement in Service Design.
* Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, image creation, storage management, Network security groups, role based access controls, AD, AWS Automation, load balancers, etc.
* Work across projects as AWS subject matter expert to deploy, tune and configure infrastructure central services in the cloud
* Experience with Amazon AWS APIs to automate deployments, environments & services (IAAS, PAAS, Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitor, OMS)
* Proficiency in security modelling and operational best practices.
* Understanding and maintenance of Infrastructure market knowledge and ensure that service offerings from supplier remain in line with best practices
* Strong scripting experience plus working knowledge of orchestration tools (Puppet, SCCM & vRealize preferred)
* Azure knowledge a major plus.
* DevOps experience required.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work
Pay Transparency Policy
Current Colleagues If you are currently a colleague with IHS Markit please apply internally via Workday.