Program Manager - Digital Accessibility
Description About this role Your team
The Web Technology & Engineering Governance team is responsible for establishing the roles, responsibilities, and processes for operating BlackRock websites. The WTE team enables businesses throughout the firm to reach clients, partners, investors, advisors, and prospective employees on the web, while maintaining quality and compliance with regulations and laws. We have a broad view of the firm's web ecosystem, and collaborate with designers, developers, content creators, and publishers, as well as colleagues in Legal & Compliance and Risk Management. Your role and impact
Drive a firm-wide approach to digital accessibility, helping to make BlackRock's websites usable by a wider range of visitors. Advise and assist multiple product and publishing teams on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, and the use of ARIA to improve accessibility. Help these teams to build accessibility into their products, from requirements through design and development to testing. Collaborate with legal & compliance, and with consulting partners for training and guidance. Your responsibilities
- Coordinate digital accessibility efforts across multiple content creation and development teams
- Communicate accessibility and technology requirements clearly to marketers, content creators, and developers
- Help define accessibility user stories
- Present and explain recommendations for remediation
- Help to prioritize accessibility goals and achievements across different teams and technologies
- Identify, supervise, and help to resolve any issues impeding accessibility efforts
- Coordinate accessibility training programs
- Partner with BlackRock technology teams to incorporate accessibility testing into the Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC)
- Supervise websites for accessibility, report on accessibility to partners, advance accessibility issues to appropriate product, development, or content team
- Work with specialist third-party consultants
- 3+ years working in digital or information technology projects or a related field
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 guidelines and WAI-ARIA standards preferred
- Experience conducting usability testing for people with disabilities including use of screen reader software
- Confirmed track record to handle issues through to resolution
- Strong project/program management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate optimally
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working collaborations with partners across a wide geographic region
- Relevant certifications such as IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPAAC) and Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) are a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.