Property Specialist - Analyst
Position Overview Job Title:
Property Specialist Corporate Title:
New York, NY Business Description
DWS Group (DWS) is one of the world's leading asset managers with EUR 745bn of assets under management (as of March 2020). Building on more than 60 years of experience and a reputation for excellence in Germany and across Europe, DWS has come to be recognized by clients globally as a trusted source for integrated investment solutions, stability and innovation across a full spectrum of investment disciplines.
We offer individuals and institutions access to our strong investment capabilities across all major asset classes and solutions aligned to growth trends. Our diverse expertise in Active, Passive and Alternatives asset management - as well as our deep environmental, social and governance focus - complement each other when creating targeted solutions for our clients. Our expertise and on-the-ground-knowledge of our economists, research analysts and investment professionals are brought together in one consistent global CIO View, which guides our strategic investment approach.
DWS wants to innovate and shape the future of investing: with staff from 35 nationalities, speaking more than 75 languages rooted in 22 countries, we are local while being one global team. Overview
Our NY corporate office has an immediate opening for a Property Specialist in our recently merged Portfolio Management and Asset Management groups. You will be an eager, self-motivated team player with a strong analytical skill set. Primary duties will include providing quantitative and qualitative support for Central Portfolio Managers and Asset Managers nationally. The opportunity offers broad exposure to 15-25 properties across the office, industrial, multi-family and retail sectors, usually in the US Properties will typically have a "core" risk profile but some will be "core+", "value-add", "opportunistic", or development. What We Offer:
Your Key Responsibilities:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through DWS's specialized employee groups
Your Skills and Experience:
- Compile underwriting in both Argus and Excel to assist with multi-year planning, hold-sell decisions, financings, leasing, and value-add strategies
- Prepare Investment Committee presentations for financings, leasing, and dispositions
- Analyze leasing opportunities and sensitivities via ARGUS, NPV analyses, and market research
- Assist with annual property business plans and review of quarterly reporting
- Lead external appraisal process and complete internal valuations, while working across several in-house departments, including transactions and research
- Support the transition of newly acquired properties from the Transactions group the Portfolio/Asset management group
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous relevant experience is preferred
- Highly organized, be able to multi-task and communicate effectively
- Ability to work as part of team and independently
- Strong work ethic and critical thinking skills
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.