Public Finance Analyst
- New York, NY, États-Unis New York NY US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Locke Careers
- 11 juin 18 2018-06-11
Our client is seeking an analyst for its growing and dynamic Public Finance Origination Department. The team covers all sectors within the municipal finance space such as state and local governments, power and utilities, higher education, housing, healthcare and transportation.
Candidates must have a strong academic record, and at least one year of Public Finance or Debt Capital Markets experience. Must be familiar with bond math and have experience with PowerPoint, Excel and DBC Finance applications.
Day-to-day responsibilities include preparing detailed responses to request for proposals and product pitch materials, providing quantitative and overall transaction support, creating credit models and debt profiles, evaluating debt financing solutions and working with Legal and Compliance to assure the Department’s fulfillment of its regulatory mandates.
The Public Finance Analyst will work with seasoned public finance bankers and will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to become a successful municipal bond originator. The Public Finance team interacts frequently with other areas of the Bank, including: Debt Capital Markets, Credit, Municipal Sales, Trading and Underwriting, Market Risk Solutions, and Fixed Income Sales and Trading.
The successful candidate will be a part of the broader Global Debt Capital Markets and Municipal Products business allowing for cross-functional experience and interaction with market participants, including our issuer clients.
- Ensure that each proposed or live transaction receives the appropriate underwriting approvals under approved procedures and all related documentation as required to meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Develop and promote a business model which focuses on strong partnering with officers of the Firm and with relationship bankers to enhance the bank's profile and market share of Municipal, Not-for-Profit and Public Finance business in the bank's defined market.
- Position is fully informed on market data, economic information and key industry developments as well as regulatory standards. Position develops and maintains contacts with market participants, including lawyers, financial advisors and issuing clients.
- Must understand and comply with Policies, regulatory and compliance requirements, ensuring that transactions are fully documented and processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Finance or Economics)
- 1-2 years of Public Finance or Debt Capital Markets experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, PowerPoint, Excel and DBC skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities
- Attention to detail, ability to multi task, and think about creative solutions to problems