Quality Assurance and Testing Analyst
- Develops testing plan scenarios for complex unit, process, function, integration, regression and acceptance testing.
- Assists in identifying and establishing goals for appropriate testing cycles and defines and manages software test environments, test standards and quality assurance tasks. May manage a small team of Test Analysts to ensure quality goals/schedules are met for the given project.
- Analyzes system requirements and design documents. Estimates hours and resources needed for projects under test.
- Develops detailed test cases, scenarios and scripts to ensure application quality.
- Writes test plans, and collaborates with other QA and business teams.
- Designs and develops usability testing scenarios, and administers portions of the testing process, to include the use of testers from other teams.
- Uses testing tools to plan, execute and track quality assurance artifacts.
- Meets with PMO, Development and Business to remediate defects.
- Attends product definition and design meetings, functional and technical walkthroughs in order to provide input in the selection of testing tools and approaches.
- Identifies test data, test environment setup and test environment configurations needed to prepare for testing. Works with Development, DBAs and business to seed and setup the test environments.
- Recommends program improvements or corrections.
- Presents findings to management and project teams Defines criteria for testing, analyzes results of testing sessions and makes recommendations and offers solutions to Quality Assurance leadership and other stakeholders on the project based on the findings.
- Identifies and documents software and systems defects across products, platforms, and releases. Analyzes complex systems requirements and design documents in order to verify that programs function according to actual requirements and established guidelines.
- Helps resolve moderately complex problems detected in testing. Provides Triage support to Development, Business and Test teams on internal and external issues.
- Informs management on resource requirements needed to complete software testing.
- To include but not limited to the number of testers, test tools, test data test environments and time needed to complete testing.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 4-6 years of experience in a systems quality environment required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.