- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 févr. 18
RE-IGNITE: A Career Re-Entry Program (Technical Internship)
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-UnisOne of Moody's key strategic business imperatives is to increase the diversity of its workforce at all levels which supports our continuing commitment to make Moody's a diverse and inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Moody's has launched RE-IGNITE: A Career Re-Entry Program. Through this program we hope to create a pathway for individuals wishing to re-enter the workforce after a minimum two year hiatus.
- The ten week internship timeframe is from February 5 th - April 13 th , 2018.
- New York City Only
- Application deadline is Monday , November 6th, 2017.
Moody's Investors Service:
Moody's Investors Service is a leading provider of credit ratings, research, and risk analysis. Moody's commitment and expertise contributes to transparent and integrated financial markets. The firm's ratings and analysis track debt covering more than 115 countries, 11,000 corporate issuers, 21,000 public finance issuers, and 76,000 structured finance obligations.
Lines of Business include:
- Corporate Finance Ratings: US Non-financial corporates.
- US Public Finance Ratings: US Local Governments, Healthcare, Higher-Ed, Housing, Not-for-Profit.
- Project Finance & Infrastructure Ratings: Utilities, Project Finance.
- Financial Institutions Ratings: Banks, Insurance companies
- Structured Finance Ratings: ABS, RMBS, CMBS, Derivatives, Structured Finance Group Administration.
- Credit Policy: Oversees MIS ratings performance and methodologies.
Moody's Analytics helps capital markets and credit risk management professionals worldwide respond to an evolving marketplace with confidence. The company offers unique tools and best practices for measuring and managing risk through expertise and experience in credit analysis, economic research and financial risk management. By providing leading-edge software, advisory services, and research, including the proprietary analysis of Moody's Investors Service, Moody's Analytics integrates and customizes its offerings to address specific business challenges.
Lines of Business Functions include:
- Sales & Customer Service: Support Moody's Analytics Sales, Customer Service, and Marketing teams.
- Content Distribution: Manage relationship with content distributors and end users.
- Quantitative Research: Research opportunities are available to work on various Financial, Mathematical and Statistical topics.
- Software Engineering: Exposure to and management of the Agile software development process.
- Professional Services: Marketing initiatives for Moody's Analytics' consulting services group.
Moody's Shared Services:
Moody's Shared Service provides the operational backbone and support for MA and MIS, as well as the corporation-level functions that support the broader work of Moody's.
Lines of Business include:
- Human Resources: Leads the people strategy.
- Moody's Information Technology: Includes project management and application support functions.
- Finance: Tax, Collections, Pricing, and Internal Audit.
Varies by function.
Business Analyst tract
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Library Sciences, Engineering or any related technical field
- 5+ years' experience understanding, communicating, and prioritizing technology business requirements in a role such as Product Manager or Program Manager
- Prior experience at a financial technology firm, financial institution or other data-intensive setting is a plus
- Strong track-record demonstrating critical thinking, resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to break down complex problems and summarize findings to varied audiences
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, strong analytical and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and planning ability
- Experience with web analytics and Agile development processes
Project Manager tract
- Bachelor's degree with a preference for a major in Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Project Management and or financial mathematics, Masters preferred.
- Strong knowledge of project management techniques and tools in a Financial/Banking environment
- Relevant direct project management work experience gained from a financial institution or consultancy firm
- Professional qualification in Project Management or in relevant areas would be beneficial
- Able to work using own initiative and without close supervision
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Results oriented Experienced in developing management presentations
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Good understanding of corporate finance and credit knowledge would be highly beneficial Teamwork and coaching skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills Fluency in English is essential, and other languages are positively considered
Software Engineering tract
- 8 or more years' experience as a software engineer
- 4 or more years' experience leading a team of developers
- Experience in multiple methodologies including Agile, Waterfall or RUP-style SDLC's
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate both technical and non-technical content clearly and succinctly to multiple audiences
- Strong experience with Java 1.7 / Java EE 6 and above.
- Experience developing online, batch, thin-client, rich-client, service applications
- Experience with Java lightweight frameworks such as Spring or Hibernate
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux platform. .NET experience a plus.
- Experience developing applications running in Jboss application server; familiar with Jboss EAP 6.3.x and above.
- Experience with message driven application development using JMS on IBM MQ or equivalent.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.