Risk Reporting Developer
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 10 déc. 18
Risk Reporting Developer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
· Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
· Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
· Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
ü Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
ü Collaboration and teamwork
ü Credible, independent decision-making
ü Organizational influence
ü Creative and practical solutions
ü Meritocratic and diverse culture
Morgan Stanley seeks a professional for a multi-disciplined function for the Firm Risk department.
Firm Risk provides independent market and credit risk oversight across the Firm's trading and investment activities. Risk analysis and reporting is consumed by management and regulators, so timeliness, diligence, and accuracy are critical.
The individual will report to the New York Head of Risk Reporting, covering a diverse range of responsibilities related to the management of trading risk information for the Firm across all asset classes.
To be successful, candidates will need to have a relevant educational background (economics, mathematics, statistics and programming languages), a strong desire to learn, and the ability to work on a multidisciplinary, multi-regional team. Information processed in the department is confidential and thus the candidate must demonstrate integrity.
· Develop, implement, and maintain risk reports covering fixed income, commodity and equity trading activities as well as loans and wealth management for senior management and risk managers
· D evelop, implement and maintain web-based risk reporting tools including SharePoint
· Develop, manage and implement reporting processes to improve efficiency, collaboration and innovation
· Collaborate with desk risk management to analyze exposure drivers and prepare supporting information to back conclusions
· Perform trend and variance analysis on risk sensitivities, exposures and VAR
· Manage ad-hoc requests from senior management to ensure timely and accurate responses
· Review and prepare responses to requests from internal auditors and regulators
· Evaluate existing reporting processes to identify potential areas for improvement
· Liaise with other groups within the firm on cross-functional projects
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to summarize information for delivery to senior management
· Good understanding of financial products and risk metrics
· Attention to detail and good organizational skills
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
· Good to have experience in QlikView.
· Academic achievement in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, science or engineering is preferable
· Advanced degrees or other qualifications related to any of the above areas will be advantageous
· Experience in a risk, financial reporting or front-office trading function is beneficial
· Experience with web-design, collaboration software is beneficial