SRE - Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (Consultant)
The Security Detection and Analytics Engineering (SDAE) team develops and maintains software used by Bloomberg Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) which includes the Bloomberg Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT). The team also writes and maintains software with a wider set of stakeholders to map out and analyze traffic between network boundaries. Our team includes both developers and site reliability engineers (SRE) to ensure stability, automation, and assist with important ongoing infrastructure changes. The SDAE SRE Mission:
-Ensure the stability of the existing CSOC infrastructure while working on the next generation of the stack
-Audit the existing infrastructure and address any critical issues
A qualified candidate would have experience with many of the following:
- Work with heterogeneous systems including but not limited to servers, databases, security appliances and software to keep the CSOC operational 24x7x365
- Help redesign the CSOC analyst environment that integrates with the larger Bloomberg network while maintaining security and resiliency
- Automate manual tasks and configuration management
- Migrate redundant local services to company-wide services
If this sounds like you, apply!
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
- Networking: Understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model and common protocols. Ability to troubleshoot network issues
- Siem solutions: Splunk, Qradar, Logrhythm
- NoSQL: ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Solr, Lucene
- Database technologies: Postgres, DB2, etc.
- Messaging: Kafka, MQ, Pub/Sub, SOAP, REST
- Data ingestion frameworks: fluentd, rsyslog, filebeat, flume, etc.
- Cloud/virtualization technologies: OpenStack, ESX, Vagrant, Kubernetes, Docker
- Orchestration and Automation Frameworks: Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Scripting languages: python, bash
- System administration: OS and service administration and hardening (HTTP, DNS, NTP, SMTP, Active Directory, LDAP and other common services)
- Monitoring software: nagios, icinga, geneos, zabbix
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.