Securities Services – IBOR Recon & Integration - Vice President
About J.P. Morgan Investor Services
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets and Investor Services. The world's largest corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The Custody and Fund Services business provides middle office services, custody, accounting and administration for investment managers and asset owners, including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, pension funds, and fund of funds.
Middle Office Services (MOS) is key fund services product that provides asset managers the ability to leverage JP Morgan's operational expertise and market leading technology infrastructure to manage their trade processing, asset servicing, collateral management, reconciliation, and investment record functions. The product encompasses a multi-asset class offering across listed securities, equity swaps, cleared and OTC derivatives, and bank loans, with clients ranging from large Mutual Funds to Pension Funds to Hedge funds. The Role
The MOS Product Development VP will drive design and delivery of key aspects of the strategic middle office product, leveraging firm-wide capabilities to implement efficient and competitive product solutions. This individual will define the roadmap and priorities based on current client mandates and potential new funds and execute on that roadmap. The individual will work with product management, sales and service teams, and technology to build out and link together key product components for middle office. The MOS offering covers functionality across trade validation and enrichment, confirmation, settlements, collateral management, asset servicing, trading asset records, reconciliations, reporting/portal/data services, all across multiple asset classes. In addition to interfacing with clients and product teams, this role offers an opportunity to further develop expertise across custody and trading products, asset manager and market processes. Given the pace of change, responsibilities of the role will include strategic thinking on FinTech, Big Data, etc to provide a competitive product to the market.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Design and deliver against the strategic MOS roadmap through the full project life cycle, including analysis, design of the client experience and service model, and testing / migration of the components for delivery
- Identify opportunities for product improvement and differentiation, efficiency and standardization, present and drive process improvements
- Ability to partner with technology and operations to clearly articulate business requirements including functional, data, and workflow design to support the JPMorgan Middle Office product
- Manage rollout of the new product to existing and new clients, obtaining feedback and implementing additional enhancements based on priorities
- Communicate progress of the product development effort with all levels of the organization to keep team members and leadership apprised of progress and challenges
- Minimum three years experience designing and creating new products, providing client focused solutions or enhancing existing products
- Experience with one or more of the above middle office service functions or products, ideally at an asset manager or trading desk, or other business line that provides middle office related services, such as Prime Brokerage
- Solid understanding on reconciliations, including inputs, break identification, workflow, resolution, and reporting across multiple platforms and businesses
- Energetic self-starter with ability to drive delivery of the strategic vision with demonstrated effectiveness leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication capabilities, clearly and succinctly message with appropriate level of detail to cross-functional teams, senior management, and clients
- Strong collaboration skills, able to work with many different individuals and partner effectively with different groups
- Strong program management skills, must be organized and able to develop a program plan and break down into achievable deliverables
- Proven track record of effectively resolving issues and conflicts to ensure timely delivery