Sen. Business Risk Manager
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Investment Guideline Monitoring (IGM) Business Risk Manager will monitor adherence to client investment guidelines and restrictions and applicable local and regional regulatory rules on a pre- and post-trade basis. Code investment guidelines in multiple IGM systems in accordance with regulatory, portfolio, company or manager requirements using an unlimited combination of data parameters related to securities, issuers, accounts, positions, transactions and counterparties. Identify and investigate active and passive breach alerts and data exceptions from automated and manually restricted investment guidelines, restrictions and regulatory rules. Participate in client due diligence meetings during and subsequent to the on-boarding process. Provide client compliance certifications on a regular basis. Perform annual account reviews of rules and process and procedural manuals. Actively coordinate with internal members of the COO, MO, FLDS, Legal, Compliance, Fiduciary Risk Management, Portfolio Management and teams and externally with Service Providers. Provide management information systems reporting to senior management and business partners on a regular basis. Respond to inquiries from independent auditors, internal auditors, and Regulatory bodies. We Offer:
- Current and emerging legal, compliance and regulatory developments pertaining to the Investment Company Act of 1940, Internal Revenue Code (Subchapter M), UCITs and foreign compliance and regulatory rules in order to identify, interpret and implement prudent fund, client and internally imposed investment guidelines and restrictions in multiple compliance systems;
- Traditional asset management and alternative investment businesses, investment structures, and asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives and currencies, CLOs;
- Compliance system rule types including exclusion, weighted average, concentration and benchmark comparison;
- Pre-trade, post-execution and portfolio level compliance modes.
- Analyze test logic and data points for coding compliance rules;
- Assign rules to multiple accounts simultaneously;
- Test compliance at multiple levels including sub-account, account, group or all accounts;
- Calculate and monitor gross and net exposures to options, futures, swaps, reverse repos, forwards and leveraged securities, weighted maturity, duration and average life, portfolio average credit quality;
- Coordinate rule coding and testing performed by service providers using their compliance monitoring system and balance multiple, complex IT infrastructure-related projects with BAU tasks.
- Build solutions to the implementation of a full suite or the integration of individual components of existing portfolio management, trading, compliance and straight through processing (STP) trading systems;
- Take ownership of tactical and critical initiatives which help elevate the effectiveness and efficiencies of IGM by improving systems, data sources and/or data quality;
- Work independently on ad-hoc projects within timeframes;
List of skills and qualifications the applicants are encouraged to have
- Equivalent experience of minimum 2-3+ years systems implementation. And integration experience in an international Investment Bank, Private Bank or Asset Management financial services institution;
- Detailed experience of 2-3 plus years of Investment Company compliance experience including SEC and IRC Regulatory knowledge;
- Outstanding experience of at least 2-3+ years Charles River IMS, Black Mountain System (BMS) or comparable compliance system experience is preferred!
- Equivalent experience in MS SQL Server, Oracle, and/or Sybase database configuration, operations and basic administration functions;
- Do you possess general knowledge and understanding of servers and networks?
- Experience in translating business and application requirements into technical terms and IT services;
- Outstanding customer service skills, technical troubleshooting skills.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills is preferred!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.