Job Description The Senior Accountant works under the direction of their immediate manager to ensure accurate financial statements. Ensure all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards.
- Assist with the accounting for the company's derivatives, debt, operating leases, legal expense, captive insurance and commissions.
- Records/reviews monthly journal entries in compliance with US GAAP and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP).
- Ensures accounting transactions are recorded timely in accordance with the close schedule and ensure that all journal entries have the proper support.
- Prepares/reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items. Provide clear and correct variance explanation.
- Prepares monthly Domestic and consolidated balance sheet and income statement flux analyses.
- Executes, with limited assistance, the daily procedures for their accounting areas, including communications with the different lines of business, reviewing daily transactions, identifying accounting changes, coordinating with other accounting teams, JVs and affiliates, and ensuring timeliness of deliverables.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides feedback to legal or other departments.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal and external audits and fields related questions.
- Prepares additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
- Review/update internal control SOX narratives and assist with annual SOX design walkthroughs.
- Understands US & local GAAP, internal control policies and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP) with respect to their procedures.
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Passing all or parts of the CPA exam is strongly preferred.
- Additional degree in the Data Analytics field is a plus.
- 4-5 years accounting experience (preferably in a major US CPA firm).
- Experience with Blackline Task and Reconciliation module is strongly preferred.
- Experience with finance transformation and close acceleration initiatives is a plus.
- Experience with accounting for derivatives and debt transactions is preferable.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEC reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of SAP financial system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, analytic skills, and attention to details.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish obj ectives
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.