Senior Accountant - Compensation Accounting
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing world-class support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership. The Corporate Accounting team is currently looking for a Senior Accountant. The team seeks a highly motivated, team-oriented and flexible accountant to work within an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic environment. The Senior Accountant will have supervisory responsibilities by overseeing of two staff accountants. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Partner with CFO Teams to provide value-added analysis on monthly drivers of Compensation Expense
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested by CFO Teams and Senior Management
- Prepare a forecast and analysis of certain Compensation Expense lines for each Budget and Outlook period
- Identify and implement areas for process improvements and new applications of technology
- Lead special projects and assignments partnering with SAP and IT teams to achieve process efficiencies
- Oversee day-to-day transactional accounting performed by staff accountants
- Review journal entries prepared by staff accountants with an understanding of the financial accounting and business purpose of the journal entries
- Review account reconciliations and analysis for both income statement and balance sheet line items (including salaries, withholding taxes, cash, etc.)
- Perform multiple month-end close responsibilities including preparation of reports and analysis for management
- Assist with year-end audit, as well as statutory and tax audits, as needed
- Update process flowcharts and policies/procedures as needed
- Ensure that strong internal controls are in place, documented, and tested for all processes
We'd love to see: Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 8 plus years of experience
- Experience managing and developing a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel including V-Lookups and pivot tables
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint
- Experience making presentations to senior management
- Experience advocating, initiating and implementing process improvements
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and investigative skills needed to resolve issues
- Ability to build relationships within the Corporate Accounting team and cross functional teams (CFOs and Corporate business partners) as needed
- Strong time management skills
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.